• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Whisker Lenses?

Psylence

Oakley Beginner
So, just last year my Whisker Lenses died. There was some sort of peeling on the outside of them and it only got worse. Kind of annoying.

Anyway, I had given up on them, though I still have the frames, and then - low and behold - I find that people are actually making the lenses! I know very little about lenses themselves, a lot of this stuff is 'greek' to me. Iridium, Prizm, etc, I got nothing. So I suppose my questions come down to two of them:

1) Is there a consolidated and concise guide/knowledge base on the lenses that are being made and their pro's and con's?
2) Is there someone that I would be able to contact to get a new set of lenses made for my Whiskers?

Thank you all for your time.

Okay!

What about something on the different styles of lenses. I noticed that there is that one forum post but it's (as I recall) some 40+ pages long. That's a lot to go through, is there some place that holds a more condensed version with what all these different lenses are/mean?

Okay!

What about something on the different styles of lenses. I noticed that there is that one forum post but it's (as I recall) some 40+ pages long. That's a lot to go through, is there some place that holds a more condensed version with what all these different lenses are/mean?

You won’t get spoon-fed here, buddy.

Educate yourself with the wealth of information here via the search button.

While I appreciate the purpose of the search function, it's also a fool's errand to simply search for 'lenses' or even 'types of lenses' considering I don't know even where to start. Which is part of what I created a post for. I was curious if there was a clear knowledge base to start from (that I may have missed or that others know of), instead of literally having to read and dig through hundreds of posts just to gain a starting point.

If instead this forum is only intended for the well-versed sunglass version of an audiophile, then I do beg your pardon (and I'm probably in the wrong place) as my knowledge of lenses is exceedingly basic to the point that even the terms are unknown to me on the whole. That's why I asked for, what I would figure, would be the basics rather than the finer minutiae.

Depends on what you want. Some here will put nothing but Oakley lenses in their glasses. Some like Fuse, some hate them etc. It all comes down to what you are looking for.
Hang around, use the search bar, then after you have access create a buying thread to get your new lenses.

Some of the guys here come out guns a blazin but you will find an extensive amount of knowledge and they are softies when it comes down to it. You won’t be disappointed

Back