• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who is best source for buying replacement lens?

Revant? Fuse? Linegear? Wondering due to price range gaps. 60 on linegear site for just polarized ...are they any better then say the same lens on like the revant site for 30ish
Hi,
pity the question to Aftermarket Lenses did not get answered, again.
Whenever questions to lenses pops up, members always point directly to @Chris A Hardaway.
Without any doubt a master of the craft and the go-to guy for high-end lenses.
He has all my respect.
Also no question Oakley Lenses are superior to any other Lens manufacture in the world.
But for me, not really practical living in Germany and not owning, as of now, high end frames like most forum members.
So, to me it makes little sense to put a 75,-$ Lens into a 40,-$ frame I can sell for max 85,-. On the other hand it would make little sense to put a 8,- Lens into a Frame worth 500,-. It would only devaluate the Frame.
The question to aftermarket lenses are still clear t me at all.
I am sure many members have tried aftermarket lenses from different Manufactures and have experience with them. Some good some bad.
I am looking online for the best possible price/performance Aftermarket lenses as well as OEM lenses to hand cut from and can confirm a huge difference in prices.
For the same "looking" lens I can pay as little as 8,- incl. shipping from a no-name China suppliere to 40,- plus 15,- for shipping from SURE US or 60,- plus 15,- for shipping for a OEM hand Cut Lens from a guy on E-Bay.
Yes of course I am still interested in learning more about lenses and their differences as well as how to tell a Quality Lens from crap that will blind you.
So, senior members, please share with the rookies your vast experience about aftermarket lenses with regards to:
- Manufacture
- Price
- Fit
- Color quality
- Coating quality
- Durability

Hi,
Whenever questions to lenses pops up, members always point directly to @Chris A Hardaway.
He has all my respect.
Also no question Oakley Lenses are superior to any other Lens manufacture in the world.
But for me, not really practical living in Germany and not owning, as of now, high end frames like most forum members.
So, to me it makes little sense to put a 75,-$ Lens into a 40,-$ frame I can sell for max 85,-. On the other hand it would make little sense to put a 8,- Lens into a Frame worth 500,-. It would only devaluate the Frame.
I am sure many members have tried aftermarket lenses from different Manufactures and have experience with them. Some good some bad.
I am looking online for the best possible price/performance Aftermarket lenses as well as OEM lenses to hand cut from and can confirm a huge difference in prices.
For the same "looking" lens I can pay as little as 8,- incl. shipping from a no-name China suppliere to 40,- plus 15,- for shipping from SURE US or 60,- plus 15,- for shipping for a OEM hand Cut Lens from a guy on E-Bay.
Yes of course I am still interested in learning more about lenses and their differences as well as how to tell a Quality Lens from crap that will blind you.
So, senior members, please share with the rookies your vast experience about aftermarket lenses with regards to:
- Manufacture
- Price
- Fit
- Color quality
- Coating quality
- Durability

This has been discussed many times in the forums so if you search for Best Aftermarket lenses you should get some good hits. There are also some reviews of different manufacturers. In my opinion the best and only aftermarkets I would trust my eyes to are Ikon, Linegear, Revant and Fuse, not necessarily in that order. For value I love Ikon, $40 for good quality lenses and a solid assortment of colors and frames. For closer to OEM I'd go Linegear, Revant elite or Fuse+ but at their price point you might just be better going with OEM.

Hi,
He has all my respect.
- Manufacture
- Price
- Fit
- Color quality
- Coating quality
- Durability

The question in the title is "who is the best source for buying replacement lenses".

My answer is chris Hardaway because it allows us to continue to use OEM lenses in old frames.

The OP clearly didnt know it was an option so I wanted to help the noob out.

Everyone who uses aftermarket lenses here always recommends that you buy the high-end line that the manufacturer provides.....but to me that gets just as expensive as sourcing your own donors and paying for the man to cut them so I always recommend against aftermarket for that reason.

Back