• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wierd orbital screw on XX

Hi guys,
Im fixing X Metal XX for one of my customers and stumbled upon this weird screw that were in the orbitals. The screw on the left is the one that was in the orbital and the one on the right is the regular screw which I have in every x metal I own. Am I right that the screw on the left is definitely not an OEM orbital screw for XX? It fits the orbital but it gets stucked on the outside because even the head is wider.

IMG-20220919-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20220919-WA0005.jpeg

Hi guys,
Im fixing X Metal XX for one of my customers and stumbled upon this weird screw that were in the orbitals. The screw on the left is the one that was in the orbital and the one on the right is the regular screw which I have in every x metal I own. Am I right that the screw on the left is definitely not an OEM orbital screw for XX? It fits the orbital but it gets stucked on the outside because even the head is wider.

View attachment 996034

View attachment 996035
The one on the left looks like the screw for a romeo orbital or a R2 hinge. the same screw as the hinge for the xx but longer. check the hinge.

The ones on the hinges are correct. If i put those long ones in there they would stick outside. I even have screws for romeo and they are shorter. Realy didnt find anything where these could be used.
the romeo orbital screws are shorter?

yep...see it all the time ....
people usually loose a screw so they put the closest screw from god knows what back into the orbital. They are the same thread 2-56.

Looks like a quick fix by previous owner. How did screws, gaskets, and lenses fit after replacing with the correct parts?

Back