• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Window Tint - Do you wish?

I had limo tint on the entire rear of my sierra denali doors and rear glass for the truck. Yeah that was a mistake lol, looked great though.

View attachment 695500
I really hate that differential tinting. Unfortunately it comes on lots of cars ex-factory now. Just a light, completely legal, tint all round please, I don’t want to look like a Max Power reader with a Nova! Mind you, I’m not from the sunniest part of the world.

What tint would you choose?
I know my tinted windows (might be illegally dark) are dark a/f at night and sometimes difficult to see out.
Mine is also too dark to see out of at night and it’s only at 20% all the way around.. it would be cool to have oakley tint though... I’m sure suxottica won’t ever do anything like that though.

Mine is also too dark to see out of at night and it’s only at 20% all the way around.. it would be cool to have oakley tint though... I’m sure suxottica won’t ever do anything like that though.
3D2374D2-A104-47AE-8E11-434F3AF749DA.jpeg

Yeah having the front and rear two different tints bothers me. Looks....off. But different states have different laws. VA says fronts have to be 50% and rear can be whatever if I remember correctly...but some cars come with the rear tinted already.

I ended up going with 35% (closer to 30%) all the way around and sometimes it’s a little dark trying to back up and I have upgraded LED reverse lamps!

btw if O were to offer tint I think ice would work for the accord haha

33B0F1DC-C229-44D8-B6DA-009162646102.jpeg

I just keep blackout drapes over the windows in my van.
Classy and practical. Screams "who wants some candy?" 🤣
Yeah having the front and rear two different tints bothers me. Looks....off. But different states have different laws. VA says fronts have to be 50% and rear can be whatever if I remember correctly...but some cars come with the rear tinted already.

I ended up going with 35% (closer to 30%) all the way around and sometimes it’s a little dark trying to back up and I have upgraded LED reverse lamps!

btw if O were to offer tint I think ice would work for the accord haha

View attachment 695630
Yes my VA Tint allowed for one setup, while SC was different, same for Alabama. I did 27% all the way around in SC because thats what they allowed and its got certification stickers in it to show the legally allowed tint used. I like the uniform look as well. And I love that color on your car. An Ice would look good against that.

Yes my VA Tint allowed for one setup, while SC was different, same for Alabama. I did 27% all the way around in SC because thats what they allowed and its got certification stickers in it to show the legally allowed tint used. I like the uniform look as well. And I love that color on your car. An Ice would look good against that.

thanks! I get a lot of compliments on the car bc of the color. Still Night Pearl...

Back