• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘WORLD FIRST EXCLUSIVE Q & A!!! :) With ex-Oakley employee - @El Chupa Cabra

Who is it?

I've already talked to, "Yes".

By having such a ridiculous thread like this you are:

A) immortalizing a mere man.

B) robbing the other threads and parts of the forum of genuine conversation about things and forcing unnatural convos.

C) robbing other members of their opportunities to build private relationships with people.

Also, understand, just because someone worked there doesnt mean their info is correct, as was displayed just last week in this instance.

By having such a ridiculous thread like this you are:

A) immortalizing a mere man.

B) robbing the other threads and parts of the forum of genuine conversation about things and forcing unnatural convos.

C) robbing other members of their opportunities to build private relationships with people.

Also, understand, just because someone worked there doesnt mean their info is correct, as was displayed just last week in this instance.
My my. You're more community minded than I expected!

For my curiosity can you point me to that thread?

Sure thing. Its all right here:

Over The Top

The thread is about a run of OTTs that was done a few years ago. Chupacabra claims there were only about 50 pairs made.

Screenshot_20190201-153409_Samsung Internet.jpg

Than, a member of the actual production team popped up out of left field and claimed there were actually 500 pairs made on that run.

Screenshot_20190201-153544_Samsung Internet.jpg

Dont get me wrong, chupacabra is an outstanding dude...ive dealt with him already and he is a top notch person. But they cant both be right....

Like i said, just because someone worked at HQ doesnt make their info 100% gold.

Cheers @Oakley G

updated

(I listen to criticism)

Disclaimer - As far as I know, there was (and IS) only ONE GOD-MAN that ever walked the planet. And it wasn't @El Chupa Cabra. Yes. Believe it or not, @El Chupa Cabra is a mere mortal like the rest of us.
- The opinions expressed here are not necessarily facts but they certainly beat anything I've heard from people who weren't working at Oakley.
- It's not intended to "rob other threads and parts of the forum of genuine conversation about things and forcing unnatural convos". I think most of you are big enough to handle that concern.
- It's not intended to "rob other members of their opportunities to build private relationships with people" and you are that easily influenced, I want you to send me the top 10 most expensive pairs in your collection insured to Amman, Jordan. Thanks!!

So who’s to say which story is true? It’s info from someone who was on the inside when they were still stretching the limits in eyewear.

Im not saying whos right and whos not, just pointing out that people can be wrong on their info. Just because they worked their doesnt make their info 100% accurate.

Im not saying whos right and whos not, just pointing out that people can be wrong on their info. Just because they worked their doesnt make their info 100% accurate.

Very true. It’s something to read and possibly get a little insight as to what the inner workings were like back in the day. Nothing more

Given that we are all human beings, I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that we all know that we can be wrong.

If @El Chupa Cabra is wrong, then I'll update. I don't think he's the sort of guy who would have a problem to be corrected.

He's still got more insight into the machinations of Oakley than people who never worked there, no matter how well they think they know Oakley. And even if people disagree with his opinion, I'm willing to hear it, because I find what and how he says it, interesting.

Back