• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal etched lenses

That scammer dude claimed his lenses were Zeiss. What say you?
The
Link to your website?

I don’t have a website, have looked at doing one but to be honest the investment needed doesn’t warrant it, as the industry is being diluted with every new seller that pops up, usually Chinese and selling at crazy prices.....
You only have to look at the American market, it’s been destroyed by them, and the uk market follows maybe a couple of years behind USA.
I only sell on eBay, and I’m not difficult to find.

For the record @KOAL I ain’t mad atcha. If you’re not an oakley head you probably didn’t even know what X Metal was until this **** got started.

This is great though. I love it when a scammer gets busted.

I’m certainly not an oakley head, and at one point I wasn’t even aware that Oakley has such a following
Regarding X Metal, as far as I could make out it had been abandoned by Oakley.
Before I had them produced I checked out Oakleys uk registered trademark for x metal on lenses, and as far as I was concerned it had expired.
I’m not concerned if people are ****** with me, but the anger should be directed at a oakley, or even Luxotica who have long failed to support the spare parts for what were expensive items, maybe the new owners will take a different view.

Yeah. @prozoneUk got trapped in his web of lies. First claiming his lenses were from Carl Zeiss, then saying they were Nikon lenses.

I checked out his claims with Zeiss UK. It was bogus and they followed him up on it.

Also, a few other members allegedly got scammed by him.
He actually first claimed they were Oakley, but that was before he was a forum member.

Cacatman, I just looked at your location, I’m guessing that you’re the member that called me one evening maybe a couple of years ago?
Your avatar @KOAL doesn't trigger anything for me, but I rang a guy called Martin, an eBay seller under the name "custom-eyeware" in early September, 2018. It was to follow up a lead that was given to me about @ProzoneUK not being legitimate.

Are you the same guy?

Edited 5th Dec - changed date from 2019 to correct year of 2018.

Last edited:
Your avatar @KOAL doesn't trigger anything for me, but I rang a guy called Martin, an eBay seller under the name "custom-eyeware" in early September, 2019. It was to follow up a lead that was given to me about @ProzoneUK not being legitimate.

Are you the same guy?
I wasn’t registered on the forum back then, I’ve only done that recently, but yes, my name is Martin and that is my ebay account.
It certainly wasn’t in september 2019, could possibly have been September 2018 but it seems like longer ago than that.
It must have been you then, as I have only ever received one call regarding Prozoneuk.
The caller said he was phoning from Jordan, and was asking if I supplied Prozoneuk, of which I refused to confirm or deny.
There’s a lot that seems to have happened since then, and reading some of the threads on here, he appears to have “tucked up” a whole bunch of people in one way or another.
I saw this thread a few days ago and thought I would try to bring some clarity regarding the concerns about X Metal etched R1 lenses, but I’m starting to think it would have been better if I had kept out of it, and let the members debate it for the next 10 years every time the subject came up.
So for the record, there never was any Zeiss or Nikon lenses, and I’ll guess that this won’t come as a surprise, but he doesn’t build apache helicopters either !!!

I wasn’t registered on the forum back then, I’ve only done that recently, but yes, my name is Martin and that is my ebay account.
It certainly wasn’t in september 2019, could possibly have been September 2018 but it seems like longer ago than that.
It must have been you then, as I have only ever received one call regarding Prozoneuk.
The caller said he was phoning from Jordan, and was asking if I supplied Prozoneuk, of which I refused to confirm or deny.
There’s a lot that seems to have happened since then, and reading some of the threads on here, he appears to have “tucked up” a whole bunch of people in one way or another.
I saw this thread a few days ago and thought I would try to bring some clarity regarding the concerns about X Metal etched R1 lenses, but I’m starting to think it would have been better if I had kept out of it, and let the members debate it for the next 10 years every time the subject came up.
So for the record, there never was any Zeiss or Nikon lenses, and I’ll guess that this won’t come as a surprise, but he doesn’t build apache helicopters either !!!
Sorry, I mistyped. You are correct. It was 2018. Edited original post

Last edited:

Thank you for coming forward and confirming what a ****bag ProzoneUK is.

Thank you for coming forward and confirming what a ****bag ProzoneUK is.
That's generous of you. Kinda late though. We knew about his fabrications about a year ago.

@KOAL, you should file a notch in the edge of the lens (that can't be seen when correctly mounted) so collectors can easily spot your aftermarket lens, or at least, not pay top dollar if they don't know that etched aftermarket lenses are being produced.

Latest Posts

Back