• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold X-Metal Mars

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

I have an X-Metal Mars with a non matching box I am selling. This is one of the sets from @Steven Goldberg. I never even got around to cleaning them up. Looking to put some money together for a car so these are up for sale. Comes with glasses, box and standard MF bag. Looking for 470 shipped CONUS

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Still for sale? If so, let me know about the condition. They were listed as BNIB so they look to have some residue from the old foam but should have scratch free lenses and like new rubber. Let me know.

Thanks

Username Hidden said:
I have an X-Metal Mars with a non matching box I am selling. This is one of the sets from @Steven Goldberg. I never even got around to cleaning them up. Looking to put some money together for a car so these are up for sale. Comes with glasses, box and standard MF bag. Looking for 525 shipped CONUS

View attachment 636564

View attachment 636565

View attachment 636566

View attachment 636567

View attachment 636568

View attachment 636569
I'd ask for a refund.

y

They just need to a little love. Clean that baby up and tuck it in good night.

Username Hidden said:
Cause you bought and it was listed BNIB and it’s anything but that.

Username Hidden said:

Not to high Jack this thread at all but I am having some trouble finding a specific answer to this one. In cases where the box foam disintegrates over time and becomes stuck on the glasses it appears like in this case what do you use to get that cleaned up soap and water? Trying to figure out the best combination to take that sticky foam residue off the glasses both the xmetal and the rubber and lenses

Thanks

Username Hidden said:
Not to high Jack this thread at all but I am having some trouble finding a specific answer to this one. In cases where the box foam disintegrates over time and becomes stuck on the glasses it appears like in this case what do you use to get that cleaned up soap and water? Trying to figure out the best combination to take that sticky foam residue off the glasses both the xmetal and the rubber and lenses

Thanks
I bought one from Steve to. It is the foam deteriorated that's on the glasses. I ran the glasses under hot water, used one of x-mans cleaning cloths I had and just scrubbed. I think I used hand soap to and then my lens cleaner to finish the lenses. It just takes time but it comes off completely. For the box, I used a lightly moist paper towel and gently wiped it down.

The time it takes to clean it is worth it to have an untouched frame IMO.

Username Hidden said:

Twss

Username Hidden said:
I bought one from Steve to. It is the foam deteriorated that's on the glasses. I ran the glasses under hot water, used one of x-mans cleaning cloths I had and just scrubbed. I think I used hand soap to and then my lens cleaner to finish the lenses. It just takes time but it comes off completely. For the box, I used a lightly moist paper towel and gently wiped it down.

The time it takes to clean it is worth it to have an untouched frame IMO.

Untouched? The box was still sealed?

Status
Not open for further replies.