• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal/ruby collection

I swapped rubies I had from a juliet bought from @Steven Goldberg into my ducati x metal frame, red mirror linegears into the carbon frame, frube to the frube but this is the best I got and it's sad compared to what I want but best for the moment, until I find my perfect set which I know is out there...the hunt is on
77BFE3A2-CA64-45DF-8435-DFF907F65B3E.jpeg

D024F82F-D9C5-4803-A461-33C03AA4A94E.jpeg

You know what though carbon red mirror actually looks pretty sweet!!

20544976-6422-4944-938A-73F09D7B39FF.jpeg

306C39D5-53BF-4627-BBEE-B58DCA02CA5E.jpeg

I swapped rubies I had from a juliet bought from @Steven Goldberg into my ducati x metal frame, red mirror linegears into the carbon frame, frube to the frube but this is the best I got and it's sad compared to what I want but best for the moment, until I find my perfect set which I know is out there...the hunt is on
View attachment 870341
View attachment 870342

You know what though carbon red mirror actually looks pretty sweet!!

View attachment 870343
View attachment 870344
Try what i told you. I swear it's goin to be worth it if you get a good ruby 😁

i still have a fruby and it's unique in it's own way so i'll still be using it from time to time. It's nostalgic to me because i've been wearing frubies for years 😂

What's the best way to identify if a ruby Juliet is custom cut or genuine, is it simply by checking for a blue hue while viewing?

What's the best way to identify if a ruby Juliet is custom cut or genuine, is it simply by checking for a blue hue while viewing?

No. If the base is wrong then it’s after market

Custom cuts are cut from oem lenses.

The edge of the lenses is the way to tell if custom cut. Someone else can probably give more tips.

Oops meant aftermarket vs genuine oakley for Juliet ruby's
Yeah like what @Mike.vanderkoon said if the base isn't blue then it's not ruby. If its thinner than OEM then it's aftermarket, if it has a wrong base curve then it could still be genuine oakley but bad donor but could also be aftermarket. If the ebay seller's name is trixie then it's definitely FAKE