sundance

Oakley Enthusiast
Boston, MA
Good Morning All,
I read all of your very informative tactics on swapping & replacing "Unobtainium" rubbers on the different X-Metal's.

I just made a purchase on "the Bay". It was a bit pricey. It is an Oakley "Wire" & "Romeo" Service Rep. repair case. I have never seen one before. It's got all really cool red ear socks ( lots of em ).
It has large and small Romeo nose bombs. All torx head screws and temple shox. I also bought a new pair of Mars Crater non hammered ear stems as a spare for my XX X-Metals.
I would not have known if the earstems or "Unobtanium" parts were interchangeable if not for your wonderful site. Hope I posted this in an appropriate place. I'm still a newbie.

Thanks,
image.jpg

Jamie

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses
Register to Not see this ad

Jmgarcia

“I’m not a coward I’ve just never been tested”
East NC
Ladies and gentlemen FYI oakley.com has Juliet rubber nose and ear stem pieces.

SecretNinja

Oakley Appreciate
Oz
No, not all of them are interchangeable. If you are specific I might be able to help you further....
Do you know of any rubber kits that would fit the Half X. Or where I can find any sort of black replacements for them? Any help would be cool.

jdd32

X Metal Workshop
Sydney
i've got kits available that work with half X. Custom made using Oakley unobtanium.

jdd32

X Metal Workshop
Sydney
half-x ear socks you can use Juliets without modifying - they're a tad short but works.

SecretNinja

Oakley Appreciate
Oz
Ok. I bave 2 kits on hand. Just need to make them look good enough to get rid of. Rootbeer socks and green or blue lenses will not work well. Had I known they were rootbeer when I bought them, I would have bough tungsten replacement lenses instead. Lesson learned.

Temple shocks belong to Romeo 2. I would guess the nosepads do also but I don't know for sure.
That's what I thought. I sold my Romeo 2 a few months back and was going through my stuff and saw this in a little plastic bag. These are the replacement ones, so I guess they're new.
Thx

Latest posts

New Threads