• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal XX Tio2 (soon to have clear lenses)

Congratulations on your first X-metal. That's how we all started. Then came another. Then another. Then another...................

Me too..

So I’ll give you a little update..

The lenses cost around £130

that is for anti scratch
Anti glare
Transition from clear to grey
Transition that works within a car
And a £35 premium for the additional curve on the Oakley lens.

I was told it would take around 2 weeks, due to the lenses being specially ordered for the curve, their usual turn around is 48 hours.

I got an update yesterday that the lab was not happy with the cut of the lens so is redoing it free of charge. So I need to wait about a week longer.

so either this will be a success or an epic failure

Me too..

So I’ll give you a little update..

The lenses cost around £130

that is for anti scratch
Anti glare
Transition from clear to grey
Transition that works within a car
And a £35 premium for the additional curve on the Oakley lens.

I was told it would take around 2 weeks, due to the lenses being specially ordered for the curve, their usual turn around is 48 hours.

I got an update yesterday that the lab was not happy with the cut of the lens so is redoing it free of charge. So I need to wait about a week longer.

so either this will be a success or an epic failure

I'm sure it'll work out....Looking forward to seeing the final result! Did you have to send them the frames?

Yeah, so.. you can send them the lenses and they would trace the lens and make a replacement however the frames I bought was lens less

or you can send the frames and they will trace the lens from the frame.

I’ve had a pair of holbrooks done by them before and the service was great, but this is the 1st time with a frame with such a curve.

If this is successful I’ll be sending a racing jacket and a badman to them to do also

Frames came today, they included a note saying that with out lenes coming with the frame, they had a real tough time getting the lens correct...

however even with the delay i am happy with them, meaning i can wear these daily.

INDOORS
3B18E233-EDC9-4CE9-8A3B-4746DFC5D798_1_105_c.jpeg

OUTSIDE
77982936-0F7B-47F2-BF60-FA7A1CD42EAF_1_105_c.jpeg

Excuse the selfies.... i look like a bellend in the best of photos

I guess Bellends and 'XX' go together very well. 😂

That's a boldmove, you will be getting lots of reactions on you wearing these daily. Any info on the min./max. LVT? And what is the life expectancy of these transitions?

Back