• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X metals as investments

I read the post you were referring to about them being collectible and investments. I would have to say I don’t agree with that post as I think the market on these is higher now than it’s ever been and will probably drop overtime
Yeah, right now the taste of a lot of Gen X, which Im included in, is Oakley X metals. Which is driving the demand up. The younger generation seems to love the lug plate look, or non Oakley glasses similar to lug plate. I see those everywhere.

Yeah, right now the taste of a lot of Gen X, which Im included in, is Oakley X metals. Which is driving the demand up. The younger generation seems to love the lug plate look, or non Oakley glasses similar to lug plate. I see those everywhere.
I tried the Lugplate and it was tiny. Made for a babies head and face. 🤣

2006–2007 ish on eBay. And then Oakley had a sale and sold them for $50-$75 (can’t remember the exact price) at a yard sale outside of Headquarters.
I wish I would have started collecting back then. I was more in to other things during that time period. I had bought both a Romeo and a Juliet and would upgrade my Oakley watch every few years, but didn’t really start collecting til years later. Oh well.

2006–2007 ish on eBay. And then Oakley had a sale and sold them for $50-$75 (can’t remember the exact price) at a yard sale outside of Headquarters.
I picked up quite a few pairs from HQ back then but that was a long time ago (more than a decade).

Latest Posts

Back