• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared Prescription (RX) issue

Dizzyfun

Oakley Beginner
I bought my first pair of rx X-Squared sunglasses in 2009. Recently I found a pair of polished chrome frames at a pawn shop I frequent for $30. Of course I scooped them up immediately. I disassembled the frames and got out the dremel tool felt pad and some Blue Magic and gave them a quick buffing. Then replaced all rubber with red rubber with the intent of getting 24K rx lenses for them.
I then went to my local Optician where I bought my rx sunglasses 10 years ago to order new rx lenses. The Oakley rx lab stated to them that this frame is not rx-able which I know is 100% wrong.

Is it possible they are saying they are not rx-able because they no longer have rx blanks for these frames? I really want to have another pair of x-squared sunglasses. Do I have any other options for getting rx lenses?

Oakley will no longer RX X-Squared frames, or any Xmetals for that matter.

I'll only work with them on mild RXs. Feel free to p.m. if you have more questions.

@Chris A Hardaway does incredible Rx work!

E4A9B97B-F989-4252-81D0-5D34BCD519D9.jpeg

BC42B918-7D55-4F3C-82CC-42E3F6F62D7E.jpeg

F5A23DA8-8186-4EA4-B17A-558B3D499F4B.jpeg

Bes
I bought my first pair of rx X-Squared sunglasses in 2009. Recently I found a pair of polished chrome frames at a pawn shop I frequent for $30. Of course I scooped them up immediately. I disassembled the frames and got out the dremel tool felt pad and some Blue Magic and gave them a quick buffing. Then replaced all rubber with red rubber with the intent of getting 24K rx lenses for them.
I then went to my local Optician where I bought my rx sunglasses 10 years ago to order new rx lenses. The Oakley rx lab stated to them that this frame is not rx-able which I know is 100% wrong.

Is it possible they are saying they are not rx-able because they no longer have rx blanks for these frames? I really want to have another pair of x-squared sunglasses. Do I have any other options for getting rx lenses?
[/QUOTE

You picked up an xs for 30$ at a pawn shop.
I’m calling BS

Latest Posts

Back