• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XS problems. What should be done?

Hamms

Oakley Enthusiast
Hello everyone. As the heading states, a recent purchase of this pair of XS looks to have a nose bridge problem. But could this be the root or multiple problems. First the screws aren’t seated all the way. 2nd the nose bridge looks all tilted like and 3rd it’s way tight as far as head feel.
Could all this be associated with a bad nose bridge job or something more? Got it in from someone that does accept returns. Should I go that route?

Opinions welcome. Pics to show detail

76A600E3-F2C5-40B6-8A6F-D39CD0CD1ADA.jpeg

CC52BF06-C236-4898-BFDC-89E36D41ED4F.jpeg

695B49A8-C7B2-4DA9-B3CC-869D1A858EB8.jpeg

Guess depends on how it was described and what you paid for it. If ill described I'd be bust'n balls!

Hello everyone. As the heading states, a recent purchase of this pair of XS looks to have a nose bridge problem. But could this be the root or multiple problems. First the screws aren’t seated all the way. 2nd the nose bridge looks all tilted like and 3rd it’s way tight as far as head feel.
Could all this be associated with a bad nose bridge job or something more? Got it in from someone that does accept returns. Should I go that route?

Opinions welcome. Pics to show detail

View attachment 887663

View attachment 887664

View attachment 887665
Are the T-shocks the same in both XS? Also, if you remove the nose bridge screws, is there rubber in there? How much did you pay?

X-Squared is the one XM (Other than R1) that really shouldn't strike fear into anyone's hearts. You could get new grub screws & the correct Allen Wrench from Linegear.
The only concern is that there is a distinct possibility the thread on the orbitals is cross threaded. You could have them Re tapped but then you are getting into finding someone to do it plus the cost/hassle but i would be inclined to return them. Plenty of X squared on the market that don't require fixing.

X-Squared is the one XM (Other than R1) that really shouldn't strike fear into anyone's hearts. You could get new grub screws & the correct Allen Wrench from Linegear.
The only concern is that there is a distinct possibility the thread on the orbitals is cross threaded. You could have them Re tapped but then you are getting into finding someone to do it plus the cost/hassle but i would be inclined to return them. Plenty of X squared on the market that don't require fixing.

Spoke to seller and they are willing to take a return and exchange it for another XS they have for sale. I do believe I m going with that route.
The cross threaded reason is what scares me with these because like u said thatcher can be a pain plus added expense

You won't cross thread the bridge,its always the screw that is damaged and when the torx is stripped it has to be drilled out and an easy out must be used.

Back