• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

“ You Only Live Once”

Finells

Oakley Beginner
June 15, 2001 was the day I first Iaid eyes on the most beautiful pair of sunglasses I’d ever seen. The Oakley X-Metals with polished titanium frame and blue iridium lenses, a true accomplishment of man. Only 19 at the time there I stood mesmerized at this beautiful creation perched in a glass display case before me.

I was 2 days away from taking my first road trip with my brand new truck the X-Metals would be the icing on the cake, so the devil on my shoulder won the argument and a dropped $649.99 CDN + 12% tax. I took them on my road trip but felt pretty guilty for spending so much cash on something inessential, so when I got home I returned them.

I’ve regretted it ever since… worst of all is that they are next to impossible to find now and when I do stumble across them they are usually $2,500- $4,500…

I learned a valuable lesson though

“ You Only Live Once”

3F1DFF59-FFB6-4E93-80FB-8B901D6AEB56.jpeg

June 15, 2001 was the day I first Iaid eyes on the most beautiful pair of sunglasses I’d ever seen. The Oakley X-Metals with polished titanium frame and blue iridium lenses, a true accomplishment of man. Only 19 at the time there I stood mesmerized at this beautiful creation perched in a glass display case before me.

I was 2 days away from taking my first road trip with my brand new truck the X-Metals would be the icing on the cake, so the devil on my shoulder won the argument and a dropped $649.99 CDN + 12% tax. I took them on my road trip but felt pretty guilty for spending so much cash on something inessential, so when I got home I returned them.

I’ve regretted it ever since… worst of all is that they are next to impossible to find now and when I do stumble across them they are usually $2,500- $4,500…

I learned a valuable lesson though

“ You Only Live Once”

View attachment 873219
I thought you lost them on the trip, that would have sucked lol. You’ll find a pair for faaaaaaaaar less than that bro

Latest Posts

Back