• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Zeiss golf vs prizm golf

Onestoptechshop

Oakley Beginner
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with both these lenses?
I'm very familiar with zeiss camera lenses and they make great glass. They are quite expensive sunglass lenses.
Oakley I'm very familiar with the snow goggles and have had glass frames in the past.
think this would be great information for the site if anyone can compare all the specific golf focused prescription lenses.

Shamir Golf
No experience with company in any way

Zeiss golf
Great camera lenses
Expensive

Oakley prizim golf
Great snow goggles
Comfortable glass frames
Reasonable price.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with both these lenses?
I'm very familiar with zeiss camera lenses and they make great glass. They are quite expensive sunglass lenses.
Oakley I'm very familiar with the snow goggles and have had glass frames in the past.
think this would be great information for the site if anyone can compare all the specific golf focused prescription lenses.

Shamir Golf
No experience with company in any way

Zeiss golf
Great camera lenses
Expensive

Oakley prizim golf
Great snow goggles
Comfortable glass frames
Reasonable price.
Dont have experience with golf lenses but have some zeiss lenses in some of the oakleys i got and even though they are ridiculously expensive the good thing is that you can choose your base opacity and than top layer tint. On the other hand the polarized lenses cost about $450 in here and if i didnt have 50% discount i would not think about them. The Oakley Prizm golf is realy great lens and if you can wait they sometime have some nice diacounts on oakley pages. But Zeiss is definitely a realy high quality lens and you can trust.

Dont have experience with golf lenses but have some zeiss lenses in some of the oakleys i got and even though they are ridiculously expensive the good thing is that you can choose your base opacity and than top layer tint. On the other hand the polarized lenses cost about $450 in here and if i didnt have 50% discount i would not think about them. The Oakley Prizm golf is realy great lens and if you can wait they sometime have some nice diacounts on oakley pages. But Zeiss is definitely a realy high quality lens and you can trust.
They will be prescription either way so the price works out very close lenses on Oakley scripts are about $500 including frame. Zeiss is $450 lenses no frame. Can find frame for around $95

They will be prescription either way so the price works out very close lenses on Oakley scripts are about $500 including frame. Zeiss is $450 lenses no frame. Can find frame for around $95
Forgot you are going for rx, zeiss is basicaly the same for rx and non rx but necause its impossible to get the oakley rx in here than the only chance for me is zeiss. Anyways i think zeiss is realy good but if you can have the oakley one than go definitely for that if the price is going to be nearly the same. The prizm golf is an awesome lens.

Forgot you are going for rx, zeiss is basicaly the same for rx and non rx but necause its impossible to get the oakley rx in here than the only chance for me is zeiss. Anyways i think zeiss is realy good but if you can have the oakley one than go definitely for that if the price is going to be nearly the same. The prizm golf is an awesome lens.
I had a horrible experience at local Oakley store in Vegas any suggestions or recommendations for buying local vs online? My eye doc has can get both lenses in but cant try them until already purchased. The frames he doesn't carry that fit Oakley golf he could order them. Should I check out the outlet store since main store staff suck.

I had a horrible experience at local Oakley store in Vegas any suggestions or recommendations for buying local vs online? My eye doc has can get both lenses in but cant try them until already purchased. The frames he doesn't carry that fit Oakley golf he could order them. Should I check out the outlet store since main store staff suck.
try reaching out to @Chris A Hardaway hes a genius when it comes to lenses.

Shamir Golf

Zeiss golf

Oakley prizim
Shamir are part of Essilor-Luxottica. As it happens the majority of varifocal lenses I sell are Shamir models. They're Essilor's mid-range brand and quality wise they're fine, nothing makes them particularly stand out, but they have no issues either. I get very few people coming back with problems with them.

Zeiss definitely set themselves out as the top end and price accordingly. Their Rx lenses are excellent quality.

I'm very short sighted and all my daily drive specs have Zeiss lenses in them, the pairs I use to go to the gym and cycle have Shamir lenses. I can tell the difference between the two, the Zeiss lenses have noticeably less distortion at the extreme edge of the lens and a larger optical centre. YMMV on this depending on the power of your prescription, the guy making your specs should be able to give you advice on how much this applies to you.

Latest Posts

Back