• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st Gen Wildberry & Milk

Frogskins

I am Jim Jannard...
New Jersey
Here's the scoop on this pair ...

Bought these frames from @SouLFuLFrog a while back. He was very clear on telling me that these frames were a little smaller then the current frogs. Having a few other pairs of Gen 1s, and being able to swap lenses on them with current lenses, I figured I'd take a shot.

No luck. These frames were quite smaller then the current ones. I know there are a few members here that cut lenses so I contacted one of them. I misunderstood and thought by me sending him the frames, he would be able to cut down (trim) a regular set of lenses that I sent him. No can do - he needed the original lenses, which I did not have. So back to square one. Stuck em in a drawer and forgot about them.

Then I got an e-mail from Revant. They now offer custom cut lenses. You send them the frame (no lenses needed) and they will trace the frame and custom cut you a pair of lenses. Here was my chance ...

I went for their mid level (polarized lenses.) $52.00 total cost. You submit your order, they send you a shipping box with a label, you ship them your frames, and about 2 weeks later you get your shades with the lenses installed. They look good. So if you have any odd shaped Oaks or other frames for that matter and are having a hard time finding replacement lenses, this isn't a bad option to consider.

These are going to my gf on her birthday. Little to pink for my taste ... ;)

IMG_0682.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice pair. I recently got a gen one and was under the impression that gen three lenses were a direct replacement. Is that not the case?

It's definitely a small head pair.

Here's the scoop on this pair ...

Bought these frames from @SouLFuLFrog a while back. He was very clear on telling me that these frames were a little smaller then the current frogs. Having a few other pairs of Gen 1s, and being able to swap lenses on them with current lenses, I figured I'd take a shot.

No luck. These frames were quite smaller then the current ones. I know there are a few members here that cut lenses so I contacted one of them. I misunderstood and thought by me sending him the frames, he would be able to cut down (trim) a regular set of lenses that I sent him. No can do - he needed the original lenses, which I did not have. So back to square one. Stuck em in a drawer and forgot about them.

Then I got an e-mail from Revant. They now offer custom cut lenses. You send them the frame (no lenses needed) and they will trace the frame and custom cut you a pair of lenses. Here was my chance ...

I went for their mid level (polarized lenses.) $52.00 total cost. You submit your order, they send you a shipping box with a label, you ship them your frames, and about 2 weeks later you get your shades with the lenses installed. They look good. So if you have any odd shaped Oaks or other frames for that matter and are having a hard time finding replacement lenses, this isn't a bad option to consider.

These are going to my gf on her birthday. Little to pink for my taste ... ;)

View attachment 355761
Congrats

Even @Chris A Hardaway couldnt get them cut?

Finally nice to see that the frames got some new lenses. I bought that pair from the seller that has the blends posted on ebay in Australia... Great dude to deal with and was lucky enough to make multiple deals at other times... He told me the frames were smaller but I didn't realize how small. I ended up with a few like that. A matte red and a matte grey.. very odd. I never did find out why they have a smaller size than the rest of the Gen 1 colorways. Even the big guys were scratching their heads. The only worth while answer I received was that the Gen 1 was offered in a women's frame size as well as a men's. Even though the sku was the same. Frame tolerances could not be possible with the difference in this pair. No lenses would fit.. when in fact the other gen1 colorways were like way bigger. If you look close the stems are even moulded different than regular ones. There is a small angle on the inside of the stem that connects to the orbital.. other regular size pairs are straight. Another difference on the frame was the angel of the mid point on the stem.. different from others. The pair was brand new and he told me he got them from a rep years back when he started collecting.. interesting to say the least. At least now they will get some use.

Regards
Brian

I don't think that story was about me. If it was then it was a total misunderstanding on one or both of our parts. Trimming a lens to fit a frame, when lens is slightly big, is a piece of cake!

That's what I would have thought. But some other dude on the forum told me no can do.

All good. Live and learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally nice to see that the frames got some new lenses. I bought that pair from the seller that has the blends posted on ebay in Australia... Great dude to deal with and was lucky enough to make multiple deals at other times... He told me the frames were smaller but I didn't realize how small. I ended up with a few like that. A matte red and a matte grey.. very odd. I never did find out why they have a smaller size than the rest of the Gen 1 colorways. Even the big guys were scratching their heads. The only worth while answer I received was that the Gen 1 was offered in a women's frame size as well as a men's. Even though the sku was the same. Frame tolerances could not be possible with the difference in this pair. No lenses would fit.. when in fact the other gen1 colorways were like way bigger. If you look close the stems are even moulded different than regular ones. There is a small angle on the inside of the stem that connects to the orbital.. other regular size pairs are straight. Another difference on the frame was the angel of the mid point on the stem.. different from others. The pair was brand new and he told me he got them from a rep years back when he started collecting.. interesting to say the least. At least now they will get some use.

Regards
Brian

Brian, you've gone and changed you profile name........again!:headbang:

Latest Posts

Back