• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2 part question: MUZM and flex couplers

Dukeman24

Oakley Enthusiast
I'm sure this has been covered, but since they're 3D printing these frames now, what are the chances that they produce mass quantities where anyone could buy them?? Has anyone on here actually viewed or held the MUZM x-metals?? What do the mean when they claim they have upgraded, interchangeable flex couplers??

I noticed OXM changed the color of their flex couplers from the Grey to black, when I tuned my Juliets recently....was there a change in materials at all?? Has anyone ever worn out OXM flex couplers? How long on average did OEM couplers last before turning into mush?

I don't have great answers for all of your questions, but I have some information that might interest you. As far as OEM couplers, I think their longevity depends on how the glasses are stored and used. I just checked all of my X-Metals with flex couplers. Out of 24 pairs, only 1 pair has OEM couplers that are like new (a newer 24K X-Squared), and 1 pair is an old Titanium Penny that was sent to Oakley for service in 2015, and they only replaced 1 coupler. So the Penny has an original coupler that is approximately 22 years old, and the other coupler was replaced 8 years ago. That pair is solid and wears beautifully. All of my other pairs have needed at least one tune-up.

I and several other members buy our couplers from @zwc0442, which are proprietary. They tend to fit and wear firmer than couplers you'd buy on eBay or Amazon, which I like. Some people like flex in their nose bridge, and some don't. I haven't had a pair of Zach's couplers wear out on me. That's not to say they will never wear out, but they seem robust, so I predict they will last for a long time, if used and stored responsibly of course.

I bought one pair of couplers from OXM a while back, and found they had quite a bit of flex when installed, which doesn't appeal to me. If you want more flex, OXM would be a fine choice.

BTW, OXM has excellent T5 and T6 screwdrivers, made by Wiha (at the time I bought them). They are not that expensive and should last a long time.

MUZM is a gimmick ... Some are cool and worth the attention, others are not. As far as I am concerned the MJ and R1-Juliet combo MUZM's are non existant and live in the same land as Bad/Madman's. You can't go wrong having Zach to tune your X Metals and @THE X-MAN makes his own and every pair he ever did for me came back rock solid... I take the temple shox out of my XX's when he tunes one for me because I have a big head anyway but doing that means years of tightness.... unlike my ex wife

Latest Posts

Back