• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

24K Juliet #44 & 24K X Squared #446 = MIA… MISSING… LOST or STOLEN?

Its about making a choice to work with someone who has been dedicated to your brand for as long as they can remember – or not!

In case anyone thinks that is a bit much I’d like to add that I could go on for hours… days… its not nearly enough for the time – the blood and sweat I have invested developing this relationship as it relates to my collection. Suffice to say they are NOT worthy! If anyone from the party responsible for these being lost|stolen reads this and thinks it is harsh remember these were not lost in the mail - they were not sent in because they needed help - they were sent in because you insisted and YOU FSCK'd UP!

You finally tell the tale, I hope it was somewhat cathartic but I doubt very much so at this point.

I felt the same way about the brand after I sent to them some IH Juliets. They committed to replacing them (by email) and the CSR said that they had plenty of lenses. Then they waited a month to contact me to tell me that they were not going to replace them because the lenses were supposedly out of stock while I watched MADTURTLE and ACM sell MANY on ebay for $179. Then they sat on my frames for 2 more weeks before sending them back to me untouched. And banning me from O.com despite my considerable support for their brand.

This summer I had sent some Ducati Juliets, a C6 and a XS 24K for lenses. I wanted lenses for these keepers and they told me that I HAD TO send them in. I felt at the time that this was unnecessarily exposing people's property and then sadly my concern became your reality. (Important to note that the service facility is no longer at HQ and is now in a separate facility across town.)

I feel sorry for you M. I understand EXACTLY how you feel- how someone decided it was a good idea to make owners unnecessarily expose their property to theft and how the "brand" does not really give a sh*t about one individual.

I'm guessing that you had about 3K wrapped up in the 2 pair that some sh*thead decided you, me and everyone else should ship around unnecessarily when you OWN the frames. You failed to point out that in settling with you they came nowhere close to making you whole on this situation. I know that you didn't get close to 3K in value and that's BS- employees can buy at 70% off and they should have/ could have made you a pretty nice settlement and they didn't. You shouldn't have to be cobbling together insurance claims along with Oakley's "settlement". They should have opened the vault up to you just as they insisted that you open yours in sending your 24k's off for no good reason other than playing god.

You have way more class than I my friend, kudos.

Maybe this will pass, maybe it won’t - time will tell.

It will pass. What you have collected represents the creative high water mark of a company with a different corporate perspective than it's current ownership; this is a company that focuses on commodities now. We customers to them are commodities and can be easily replaced.

Enjoy the pieces for what they are and save your loyalty for people rather than "brands".

They must have some sort of liability insurance but I guess it's only to cover RRP, and those pairs are nowhere near that now. Sorry they've gone astray, will keep an eye out, though I guess if they surface it's more likely to be in the US.

Well now I feel compelled to stalk ebay listings for serial numbers, though I think it's unlikely that these shades will turn up there. That really sucks man.

Anyone local enough to check on Craigslist? The flakier deals seem to end up on there rather than eBay. I guess it allows you to check nationwide anyway - I'm not a user of it.

Okay im too is upset about this situation, now who do you send your frames to for repairs etc. I know we still have the x man, but for any other like warranty repairs?? Untrustworthy especially x metals i guess theyre not worth collecting??......as i said these are just sunglasses on why we spend gotons of money on these is plain stupidity I AM GUILTY OF THAT ADMITTED now if you cant trust the brand why even buy the brand??? and support it??? I really do understand your loss bro. This is a lesson learned for all of us here i will keep a watchful eye on this stolen 24ks bro.

Above all of this noise I appreciate the support - Thank You ALL. :D

It means a lot in the context of something that has indeed lost a significant amount of its meaning to me.

Although this experience has not been a pleasant one I see I am again in good company. There are quite a few folks here and on those other boards who have experienced losses in a similar manner. I have received at least a dozen direct comms in the past 24 hours from folks who had similar experiences for no reason at all whatsoever with minimal resolution, if any. While it comforts me that others can relate it also really pisses me off that it has happened to so many others, many with irreplaceable pieces whose value extends far beyond retail/fair market value into the sentimental realm.

Seriously, as upset as I was yesterday I am even more so today. I am hearing from way too many people about things like this happening. It toasts my bread to the point of burning. It further reduces what little respect I have left for the current Oakley brand. I cannot express how disappointed I am to hear so many others sharing their stories.

I have no absolution for Oakley in all of this. They relocated their warranty/repair facility almost 40 miles away from HQ. If you're lucky you can get there in just under an hour with moderate traffic: Ref: 1 Icon, Foothill Ranch, CA 92610 to Mira Loma, CA - Google Maps

While I cannot speak to the specifics of any security controls at the warranty/repair facility I can say that their inability to communicate with this remote site is almost 3rd-party-like office [the term 'outsourced' comes to mind]... The lack of communication and inability to address issues in a timely manner was totally unacceptable during my experience. Until there is evidence this current warranty/repair/support model has changed I cannot fathom ever sending anything to them again! I cannot stress this enough!!

I cannot fathom ever sending anything to them again! I cannot stress this enough!!
I cannot fathom ever sending anything to them again! I cannot stress this enough!!

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO FAITH AT ALL WHATSOEVER THAT OAKLEY KNOWS WHAT GOES ON IN THEIR WARRANTY/REPAIR DEPARTMENT. EVEN IF THEY CARE, AND I STILL SINCERELY BELIEVE SOME OF THE FOLKS AT HQ DO, THE FUNDAMENTAL BUILDING BLOCKS THAT ARE REQUIRED TO GUARANTEE EVEN AN ACCEPTABLE LEVEL OF CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE, IN A WORD, MISSING.

Again, it is clear after many PM's and text messages that this is happening a lot more than any of us would care to admit. That is the real crime here. Had these pairs truly been lost in the mail or even if I got a call from the warranty department saying they broke a pair or something stupid - I could deal with that. I could process it. I could come to terms with it and move on. The fact they have/had no clue what happened or how - and cannot demonstrate basic fundamental communication skills with a part of their company that we rely on with some of our most precious pieces... That not only puts us, their customers, at an unacceptable level of risk - but it also speaks volumes to how they value customer service. I hope they read this. I hope they understand. I hope they know how 'NOT OK' this is on so many levels. It is a thing that should not be.

An onus on the customer? You bet! - Oakley insisted for weeks that my glasses had been shipped out. They were never shipped out. Electronic tracking was processed but the pairs never found their way to the carrier [UPS]. I had to prove this even though it was clear. They told me a dozen time these had shipped... It's freakin' tracking information - either it was picked up or it wasn't!!!!!! In the meantime we were wasting time as the pairs had likely been long gone. I fail to understand why it was so difficult to find the person(s) who were responsible for this as whoever processed the shipping for them would have had first hand knowledge of the status, or at least a notification that the work had been completed [by the assigned tech]. And oh, by the way I called at least a half dozen times attempting to reach the tech to get status. On 4 of these occasions I spoke to people at HQ who acknowledged my concern and promised to escalate the issue for me - NOT ONCE DID I GET A RETURN CALL FROM ANYONE. :mad::mad::mad: This was prior to the realization that the pairs were 'missing'. This clearly demonstrates the lack of control HQ has over their repair facility. Can you understand why it is simply not an option for me to send my products into a place where the responsible party has no ability to determine the status of or otherwise communicate with in a timely and accurate manner?

OAKLEY - YOU CANNOT TAKE SUCH AN INTEGRAL, NECESSARY, PIECE OF THE CUSTOMER SERVICE EQUATION AND FARM IT OUT ALMOST AN HOUR AWAY WITHOUT MAKING SURE YOU KNOW WHAT GOES ON THERE. WHERE IS YOUR ATTENTION TO DETAIL? WHERE IS YOUR DUE DILIGENCE? THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME. THIS APPLIES TO SO MANY OF US, TOO MANY OF US - THIS PATTERN OF NEGLECTING THE CUSTOMER... WE ARE YOU ADVOCATES. WE INVEST IN YOUR BRAND WHILE PUBLICLY SUPPORTING AND RECOMMENDING YOUR PRODUCTS TIME AND TIME AGAIN. WE DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS. THERE ARE A LOT OF US WHO ARE STILL HOLDING ON TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS BUT THOSE DAYS WILL BE FORGOTTEN SOONER THAN LATER IF THIS PATTERN OF DISREGARD FOR THE CUSTOMER PERSISTS.

Last edited:
Didn’t realize this happened so much! So what was the purpose of sending the frames in? They wouldn’t allow purchases of new lenses?

Latest Posts

Back