• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

At what point is a tuneup necessary?

I would not know how tight the X-Metal was sold and came out of the boxes.
But I can't imagine they came super tight and without flex.
I bought some Juliets that have never been worn and they were tight but with a flex.
Without a flex you can weld em like this guy did to his Juliet.
Its in my possession now.
I removed the pins for show.

View attachment 1044365View attachment 1044366View attachment 1044367View attachment 1044368View attachment 1044369View attachment 1044370
We can rebuild him. We have the technology.

Pity, is that Carbon?

I would not know how tight the X-Metal was sold and came out of the boxes.
But I can't imagine they came super tight and without flex.
I bought some Juliets that have never been worn and they were tight but with a flex.
Without a flex you can weld em like this guy did to his Juliet.
Its in my possession now.
I removed the pins for show.

View attachment 1044365View attachment 1044366View attachment 1044367View attachment 1044368View attachment 1044369View attachment 1044370
It can vary Stig. Because of the casting process when made, some nose bridge coupler recesses are narrower than others. I have serviced some that feel a little loose after doing them and some extra tight. But, on average 80% come out pretty tight.

Hi all, The nose bridge on one of my Juliets is starting to show signs of slight flexing. It's by no means loose, still very much solid i just don't have much of a gague as to when a tuneup is necessary.

Would be great to hear some expert opinions.

🤙
If it is that firm, leave it. Probably has at least another couple of years left in them.

Yeah, i do wear them near daily however.
Makes me wonder how much that will effect the overall life expectancy.
It will obviously wear them quicker if you use them everyday. Wish I lived where you live if you get that much sun! I would wait until they get loose enough to not feel right. Then get them done. If in the US Zack is your man. @zwc0442

It will obviously wear them quicker if you use them everyday. Wish I lived where you live if you get that much sun! I would wait until they get loose enough to not feel right. Then get them done. If in the US Zack is your man. @zwc0442
+1 on sending them to Zach (@zwc0442)... he uses custom flex couplers that are, in my opinion, superior to OEM and other aftermarket parts.

Back