• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best cleaning method for new Flak 2.0 XL?

iamericfletcher

Oakley Beginner
Howdy, everyone.

The other day, I got my new Flak 2.0 XL prescription glasses with the Prizm Ruby lenses.

So far, they have proven to be excellent!

My question is:
  • What is your preferred method for cleaning the lenses? For example, do you use just water or water with soap? Perhaps Windex or some specially formulated cleaning solution for glasses?
Thanks so much!

Wash your hands first.
Rinse of any particles like dust ect.
Clean with a drop of quality dish wash detergent like Fairy ultra or Dawn and a Cosmetic tissue or baby wipe. Lenses first then Rubber parts.
Rinse for a long time under lukewarm water.
Dry with a lotion free Cosmetic paper towel.
Don't rub just pad.

Breathe on the lenses and wipe with Oakley microfiber bag. :D Pop the lenses out, run the frame under warm water with some soap. Air dry, re-insert lenses.

Most of the time, just use the microbag. If it's really greasy, use the Oakley liquid lens cleaning spray. If the frame needs cleaning too, or if you need to get sunscreen off the lenses, hand wash with a gentle dish soap like Dawn. Bonus - if you have air duster, it helps to use it before and after any of these types of cleaning. Using it before will clear the lenses of any debris that could potentially scratch the lenses, and using it after helps dry it faster or remove any dust that was transferred from your microbag.

Make sure to take good care of them; i.e. keep them in their case when not in use, don't leave them in your hot car, etc.

DO NOT EVER USE WINDEX!!!! and keep the lenses away from aerosolized fragrance or hair spray.

Howdy, everyone.

The other day, I got my new Flak 2.0 XL prescription glasses with the Prizm Ruby lenses.

So far, they have proven to be excellent!

My question is:
  • What is your preferred method for cleaning the lenses? For example, do you use just water or water with soap? Perhaps Windex or some specially formulated cleaning solution for glasses?
Thanks so much!
the regular stuff from the store that you can purchase

Back