• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cacatman's (BRIP's) simple guide to cleaning Mars Jordan leather

Same feeling here. I don't like people at work that take secrets "to the grave" because they feel it gives them job security if they alone know how to do it...
If I had a case full of nice clean Jordans and Metals I'd love to tell everyone how I did it...makes everyone's stuff nicer!

That Mars is on my grail list, and as long as it's not torn or tissue-paper thin I won't have an issue grabbing one now with this thread. @Funky-Trixtar did a hell of a job on his with the toothbrush method too.

Well, for a Limey. ;)

How that hurts for you to say........LOL

Cleaning leathers? I leave it to the pros...

image.jpeg

Nice job bro! I may try this once my Mars is all stained. Btw this made me wonder, are the Mars Jordan servicable? I'm thinking removing the leather will be a nightmare

Nice job bro! I may try this once my Mars is all stained. Btw this made me wonder, are the Mars Jordan servicable? I'm thinking removing the leather will be a nightmare
Yep but you have to remove the leather and restitch it.

I tried cleaning mines with detergent like caca..t's it made the leather dull and some of the finish came off
It sucks. So i just refinish the leather. It looks good and a lot better, but it made the texture hard which is okay for me than that dull color.

Right side is the re finished. Value wise as long as its a matched box i dont think value would not affect that much imo.
IMG_0962.JPG

I tried cleaning mines with detergent like caca..t's it made the leather dull and some of the finish came off
It sucks. So i just refinish the leather. It looks good and a lot better, but it made the texture hard which is okay for me than that dull color.

Right side is the re finished. Value wise as long as its a matched box i dont think value would not affect that much imo.
View attachment 340662

Why would you try to clean that with an excrement? Does it smell really bad now?

Anyway, this is the first time I read your post without "lol" in it. :lolsign:

:behindsofa:

Why would you try to clean that with an excrement? Does it smell really bad now?

Anyway, this is the first time I read your post without "lol" in it. :lolsign:

:behindsofa:

Coz i was serious this time. No it smells like leather i used a leather treatment and it looks great.

I think this one may be beyond saving...
d757355b3f47a1795654b8c4dd3a6a52.png

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk