• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Blade replacement lenses

-=Jeff=-

Oakley Expert
I have a pair of Carbon Blades. I weair them mostly in summer months. I have recently been wearing them again and noticed a spot in the middle of the lens on the inside of the lens that is delaminating (best way to describe it). It is also peeling on the edges.

I would like to replace the lens but all I have found is the Revant brand. Currently I have BIP, but some of my other Oakleys are Daily Prizm which I tend to prefer. If all I can get are Revant, are any of those lenses close to the Daily Prizm? I assume the Titanium Mirrored Elite (or whatever) seem to be a close match to the BIP.

Any suggestions for replacement lenses?

8272264E-C967-4EA3-9A6C-5F77D961923E.png

Lenses have been ordered. Looking forward to getting them swapped. Seems easy enough, any tips on removal and installing the screws? Anything to watch or be careful of? (Outside of scratching the new lenses

Lenses have been ordered. Looking forward to getting them swapped. Seems easy enough, any tips on removal and installing the screws? Anything to watch or be careful of? (Outside of scratching the new lenses
I'd definitely be careful NOT to over tighten them. The screws are super tiny and could easily be man handled. Keep an eye on the washers as well

I assume the washers are between the screw head and lens. Do you know if the screws can be held with a magnet? Maybe a magnetic tip driver will help.

Thanks for the tips

I assume the washers are between the screw head and lens. Do you know if the screws can be held with a magnet? Maybe a magnetic tip driver will help.

Thanks for the tips
This is a pic of the nose bridge.

On both sets of lenses where the screws are holding the frame is where the gaskets are. I hope its a good showing considering you know how small the screws are. Lol

I hope it goes well!
0aa9d28d72022887d6f81edd3755d411.jpg

Back