• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carl Zeiss Lens Review Sold By X-Man Custom Metalworks

Easy y'all, this cowboy ain't ridin no brokeback nothin!!!!! I don't swing like that, but y'all are free to get all gussied up and have all the fun you want. I be stayin right here, alone and AIDS FREE!!!!
Later
NCH

Last edited:
I trust @THE X-MAN, but not necessarily the information he has been given.

Doubt has been cast over the "Carl Zeiss" claim from someone else on the forum (not me).

No doubt they are excellent lenses, but I'd personally like to see real proof that these are lenses manufactured by Carl Zeiss with a verifiable contact name and number from the source of these lenses.

P.S. An easily doctored Carl Zeiss invoice doesn't count.

In the archery and bino world, Zeiss still has a pretty good rep. Swarovski is top, though, with Zeiss and a couple others in 2nd/3rd. (At least, from my research and experience)

The bottom line is your experience with a lens. Sounds like they are at least a very solid lens based on the review, and cost is reasonable. Heck, there are certain Oakley lenses I don’t care for...not many, though.

As for using the Zeiss “illegally”, I hope no one would do that on this forum...

I trust @THE X-MAN, but not necessarily the information he has been given.

Doubt has been cast over the "Carl Zeiss" claim from someone else on the forum (not me).

No doubt they are excellent lenses, but I'd personally like to see real proof that these are lenses manufactured by Carl Zeiss with a verifiable contact name and number from the source of these lenses.

P.S. An easily doctored Carl Zeiss invoice doesn't count.

The point of this review wasn't to prove who made what, where and how. As I said, I don't have that info. A quick Google search turned up nothin. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, I was simply providing my review of the lenses I received and fulfilling my agreement with Mark. These lenses provided what I need in a pair of lenses and that is why I am ordering additional sets. If you require sworn affidavits and a letter from Zeiss's mother, maybe these aren't for you?
Later

The point of this review wasn't to prove who made what, where and how. As I said, I don't have that info. A quick Google search turned up nothin. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, I was simply providing my review of the lenses I received and fulfilling my agreement with Mark. These lenses provided what I need in a pair of lenses and that is why I am ordering additional sets. If you require sworn affidavits and a letter from Zeiss's mother, maybe these aren't for you?
Later

What are your thoughts on the one lens not fitting the same? Any chance of pics of both lenses not mounted, laying flat?

Nice review, BTW.

The text is similar to the same size and font. I will try and get a side by side tomorrow when I get back to the compound if I can remember. Click on the link to Mark's website and I believe it is shown there pretty good.

I wasn't going to put this in the review but my history with Zeiss has been a little mixed up. In my younger days Zeiss was known for high quality everything they did was top notch. I just gave my son 98% of my firearm collection and I had some older Zeiss scopes that are brighter and more clear than any other optic I have shot with, and I have shot a lot of them. However in the last 10 years I have been seeing the Zeiss name slapped on all kinds of stuff and some of it was down right junk. This fact also added to my doubt about these lenses. I don't have time to research this, maybe someone else does. I don't know if it was a family thing and they sold out to the corporate world, which seems to be very popular these days. Some 2 bit jokester pays Zeiss X amount of green backs and they have permission to slap that name on anything. I am not saying this is the case. Let me repeat this for some of our slower members, I AM NOT SAYING THAT ZEISS IS DOING THIS, got it? Good. Like I said in the review I was not able to find much online about these lenses. I read that Zeiss lenses were also being sold by Fuse, but found nothing to back this up. Are they Fuse lenses with the Zeiss name applied? Like I said, I couldn't even find them on the Fuse website. What I will tell you, again, I am very satisfied with the quality of the pair Mark sent me and I have already sent him a message that I also wanted to purchase a blue pair and possibly the red in a couple weeks. My eyes need all the help they can get, and this pair of lenses did just that. If I can save 25% or so on each pair that adds up when you have 16 frames and counting. I can't prove who makes them, or how they are made, or what they are even made out of. I just know they provided my eyes what they need and this is where many have failed. If anyone wants to dig into this deeper, great, post your findings. I'm looking forward to the blue pair coming soon.
Later
NCH

So what youre saying is ziess is slapping their names on these lenses just like they are doing on the scopes?

Later
I'm sorry I came across as attacking you. That wasn't my intention. I've been trying to get proof that these lenses are from Carl Zeiss way before you ever wrote this review.

The issue is about trying to get correct information for this forum so people are certain that they are getting what is stated. My post wasn't about you or the X-man.

Back