• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Craziest Ways You/Someone Else Lost/Damaged Your Oakleys?

1. 24k Plates, lost during summer camp 15 years ago. I was playing soccer and they fell from my pocket, it’s obvious someone found them and kept them since we were playing on a hill with super short grass (damn kids!)

2. Gold C wires, left in the car when it was being dropped at the Stealership for a service. When I got the car back and the shades where missing I talked to the manager and he was like “we are super honest here man, you probably lost them somewhere else”. That guy and team were let go 2 weeks later for too many missing items complaints (**** my luck)

3. A frame, trying to do a 360 nose grab at whistler (never done spins before). Faceplanted, had double vision for a few days in one eye, black eye, cracked the lens right at the middle and the foam came off. Freaking goggles were new, 3 days use and bye bye

4. Beater Juliet, I was going to sell these and they were quite dead honestly but still hurts. Ex gf found them, scratched lenses, sticky rubber, loose frame m, she said “they’re fugly” and SHE THREW THEM IN THE TRASH WITHOUT TELLING ME. A few days later looking for them I ask her if I let them at her place and she’s like “yeah, but they were so filthy that I got you a surprise”. She bought me a crappy rayban wayfarer (red frame black lenses) that she thought was cuter... we broke up a month later

#funtripsdownmemorylane #ihateyoucacatman

I saw this post on Facebook and approached the gentleman asking if I could help. I offered to straighten them out and tune them for free so he could at least use them once again.
Screenshot_20190505-055029_Facebook.jpg
FB_IMG_1557049806555.jpg
FB_IMG_1557049813858.jpg

He later decided to have them painted once I straightened them out.
20190505_054737.jpg
20190505_054747.jpg

Now they look like this and he has his xx customized and he can enjoy them again for years to come..
20190505_054853.jpg
20190505_054901.jpg
20190505_054820.jpg
20190505_054828.jpg
20190505_054835.jpg

I saw this post on Facebook and approached the gentleman asking if I could help. I offered to straighten them out and tune them for free so he could at least use them once again. View attachment 613769View attachment 613770View attachment 613771

He later decided to have them painted once I straightened them out. View attachment 613772View attachment 613773

Now they look like this and he has his xx customized and he can enjoy them again for years to come..View attachment 613774View attachment 613775View attachment 613776View attachment 613777View attachment 613778
That's awesome!

I just got a place of my own and seen some Emerald NSJ’s with Flames at SGH. Had to have them, they were the first Oakley’s I ever bought. A couple weeks later I was puppy sitting and when I came home everything was chewed up, couch, shoes you name it. As I was cleaning up I found the arm to my sunglasses.....that was all I found of it too lol.

I just got a place of my own and seen some Emerald NSJ’s with Flames at SGH. Had to have them, they were the first Oakley’s I ever bought. A couple weeks later I was puppy sitting and when I came home everything was chewed up, couch, shoes you name it. As I was cleaning up I found the arm to my sunglasses.....that was all I found of it too lol.

So what you’re saying is, you’ve eaten dog for dinner.

Run over a 24k xx in mint condition...case fell off my pocket as i was closing the door. Didn't realize then of course, as i was backing up...felt a crunch. Didn't think much of it until i realized on my way to work i didn't have my xx in my jacket pocket. Still have the broken orbitals. Pics to follow

About 10 years ago, I had my e wire hooked in the neck of my shirt as I was leaning over to pick something up from the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. The glasses fell off and landed on the ground just as I was swinging the fridge door shut, and mashed the glasses. The lenses were OK but I mangled the frame pretty good. That was the last time I carried my glasses hooked in my shirt like that. I switched to top of the head until I learned about delamination.

I saw this post on Facebook and approached the gentleman asking if I could help. I offered to straighten them out and tune them for free so he could at least use them once again. View attachment 613769View attachment 613770View attachment 613771

He later decided to have them painted once I straightened them out. View attachment 613772View attachment 613773

Now they look like this and he has his xx customized and he can enjoy them again for years to come..View attachment 613774View attachment 613775View attachment 613776View attachment 613777View attachment 613778

Wasn't that the guy here who had his girlfriend post on his behalf cuz he was in pretty bad shape? If so, I was wondering what happened to him. Even if not, that's awesome of you to offer your help. They look great!

None of my stories are crazy, but i'll share...

1. My very first pair of Oakleys - Frogskins: Crystal Black/BI from 1997. Went to the beach with my friends and put them into the front pocket of my backpack while i went out to the water for a bit. As i came back, i see my friend using my backpack as a pillow. I yell at him to get off and when i pulled them out, one of the orbitals was cracked and about to break. He didn't apologize and had the audacity to tell me it was my fault for putting them in there. I quickly pointed out he shouldn't be touching things that aren't his, let alone using it as a pillow. He just shrugged it off. I was livid. He still my friend, but never paid me back for them.

2. Four: Polished black/Rx tinted lenses. Was out shopping and had them on my baseball cap. Walked into Aeropostale to buy a specific shirt as a gift. Ducked down to look for sizes, but didn't have it so I walked out. Couldn't have been more than 3 minutes i was in the store. As i walked out, i realized my glasses were no longer on top of my hat. Walked back into the store to where the shirts were and they were not there. Asked the sales people and they said they didn't see anything and no one turned anything in. Someone has a pair of Fours that they can't use cuz my Rx was pretty thick. Probably some ******* kid who saw them fall off and grabbed them.

3. Flak: Polished black/+Red. I left them in my wife's car and she was "doing me a favor" by taking them out as i pulled into the driveway and waving them back and forth showing me she got them. As she's waving, the glasses slip out of the microfiber bag and go flying. Nosebridge scratched. Lenses a scratched. All i could do was laugh because the look on her face while they flew through the air was priceless. Still married to her :lol:

4. Flak: USC. Was wearing them on my head at a USC Football party and a few of my friends were tossing around a Nerf Vortex football:

I was grabbing a drink and one of my friends thought it'd be funny to throw it at my head. I ducked, but not quick enough for the ball to catch the glasses. Luckily only the top of the orbital got scratched. I just replaced the orbitals. My friend was so scared i was going to kill her.

Back