• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lenses for X-Metal

Just throwing this out there I see a lot of talk about flak 2.0 xl lenses. As long as they are NOT polorized they can be machine cut by @Chris A Hardaway for Juliet’s and penny of course. Sometimes there may be a sliver of prizm etching left sometimes not. I’ve had Chris cut a few for my personal Juliet’s and have all come out great!
Very helpful. Thank you.

Just throwing this out there I see a lot of talk about flak 2.0 xl lenses. As long as they are NOT polorized they can be machine cut by @Chris A Hardaway for Juliet’s and penny of course. Sometimes there may be a sliver of prizm etching left sometimes not. I’ve had Chris cut a few for my personal Juliet’s and have all come out great!
Just to clarify, do you mean that you CAN use polarised 2.0 XL lenses AND there MIGHT be a sliver of prizm etching left but ONLY if you handcut??

Just to clarify, do you mean that you CAN use polarised 2.0 XL lenses AND there MIGHT be a sliver of prizm etching left but ONLY if you handcut??
Polorized flak 2.0XL only good for penny. NON polorized can be used for Juliet’s but some etching may be visible when done but it’s very little to none at all