• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dillon Glasses / Lenses

Hamshandy

Oakley Expert
UK
I’m thinking of buying a couple of pairs of Dillons to rob the lenses to use as donor’s for X-Metals . Is there any particular frame (s) I should be looking at ? From initial research Most metal frames have a base 8 and they look the largest size of lens to work with .

Dillons for x-metals is the popular choice, i purchased mine precut here with no issues and cheaper than having left over frames if youve not got a plan for them.

@TheDukeOfIce may be able to help, or maybe a wanted advert?
Would save having them cut in the US or here in UK.
Just adding another option 👍🏻

I’m going on holiday in August and there’s a Dillon Stockist in San Diego . I was thinking of picking up a couple of pairs . I know it’s an expensive way . I’m not in a rush for the finished cut lenses . Just thinking of getting a few sets for storage for when I’m ready to pull the trigger and get them cut .

I’m going on holiday in August and there’s a Dillon Stockist in San Diego . I was thinking of picking up a couple of pairs . I know it’s an expensive way . I’m not in a rush for the finished cut lenses . Just thinking of getting a few sets for storage for when I’m ready to pull the trigger and get them cut .
Perfect then, are you cutting yourself or using a uk based cutter? Sending forward n back stateside just extra cost / risk. Not sure Mikes still cutting?, and dave definately isnt 😂

I’m thinking of buying a couple of pairs of Dillons to rob the lenses to use as donor’s for X-Metals . Is there any particular frame (s) I should be looking at ? From initial research Most metal frames have a base 8 and they look the largest size of lens to work with .
I think the Greasewood is a common donor for X-metals.

Perfect then, are you cutting yourself or using a uk based cutter? Sending forward n back stateside just extra cost / risk. Not sure Mikes still cutting?, and dave definately isnt 😂
No the last time I spoke to Mike and mentioned cutting lenses . He just went a funny colour and started shaking .

Dave ? Dave Who ? Don’t mention Dave to me . After seeing those nice M frame lenses he cut . I went out and bought 50% of Oakley’s A-Frame 2.0 lenses in all colours . Ready to ship down . Now I’m stuck with a storage box full of them .

No the last time I spoke to Mike and mentioned cutting lenses . He just went a funny colour and started shaking .

Dave ? Dave Who ? Don’t mention Dave to me . After seeing those nice M frame lenses he cut . I went out and bought 50% of Oakley’s A-Frame 2.0 lenses in all colours . Ready to ship down . Now I’m stuck with a storage box full of them .
Dave killed a lot of custom work in the uk then, and Mike not cutting atm is another blow. Sure you got a plan for the Dillons though. Great lenses for sure. 👍🏻

Yeah I have a set of blue ones somewhere that are ready to be cut . My plan of attack when it comes to Oakley is pretty scattergun . I’ve wasted so much money on the brand . I probably will carry on but I have calmed down a lot . I don’t have a plan as such for the dillons . It was just as I was going to be back in the USA I’d hit the Oakley outlets and stores and pick up some Dillon’s .

I'm pretty sure that if you own a Dillon frame, you can request to buy replacement lenses but you need to own the frame and prove it to them. I think you are allowed to buy one of each color but I'm not sure how often.

I'm pretty sure that if you own a Dillon frame, you can request to buy replacement lenses but you need to own the frame and prove it to them. I think you are allowed to buy one of each color but I'm not sure how often.
I’m sure we can do that again by now 👍

Latest Posts

Back