• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

DIY Display Case / Organizer

Tongminator

Oakley Enthusiast
California
Hi All,

I want to display all my X Metal collection but as you guys know, each frame is around 7in x 1.5in x 3in (XS and Juliet), this is a lot wider than regular sunglasses. I'm just looking for something simple but most cases in the market were too small.

I have never made a display case/organizer before but I'm tired of looking for one with the right dimensions and material that I like. So I'm making one myself. I'm planning to have adjustable shelves and each shelf can hold two X Metals. It's going to have glass doors and materials are from hardwood. I like hardwood grain showing but maybe paint the whole thing black so the X Metals will stand out (still deciding).

Here are some pictures of the prototype. Let me know what you guys think, is it worth the time? Anyone else solved this problem with a case that they can recommend? Any opinion is welcome. Thanks

DIY.PNG

DIY 02.PNG

DIY 03.PNG

That is a cool design, it seems like it would work well.

Depending on where you are located, you can also find Oakley display cases & cabinets. They have various material finishes as well, as many different design types too.