• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does anyone under 30 wear Oakleys?

I think things are different over here in Europe to the US. But a few other people said it before.

You basically see very few people wearing Oakley Lifestyle glasses, no matter the age.
But for sports glasses Oakley is the thing, again no matter the age.
You see many cyclists / triathletes/ runners / Nordic skiers wearing Radar EV’s Sutros or Encoders. Including the youngest. They are the sports sunglasses you need to have for sure.

In that Case you even see them much more than some 15-20 years back.

So again not a question of age, rather a question of different markets.

Working as an Oakley Store Manager for 5 years, while the average customer was over 30 there still was heaps of teens getting custom Radar EV etc for sports and a style like the Latch was always popular with 20 year olds and obviously snow googles were all ages.

I think the problem is mostly that recent models are for sport and way less great than 90s-00s models that now costs way to much for us young people. I’m 22 and dreaming of some models that costs more than 400€ nowadays. At my age you don’t have enough money to spend that much in some 20-30 year old sunglasses sadly :(

and yeah someone said young people don’t go anymore on forum and that’s right, I searched for a Oakley discord before joining here !
That and they resembled the same frames.
Lux just finds a frame outs a square frame on it and 6-8 months later makes a new frame…. Everything the same it just now a little round

IMG_5337.jpeg

I'm 48, and have been a fan since high school.
They used to be the "coolest" glasses any kid could own, because it took six months savings for a pair of Frog Skins.....M frames etc were well beyond reach.
I've always thought they were on the edge of fashion and now being older, within reason, can buy whatever pairs I like.
Having posted and viewed the "what are you wearing today" noticed the vast majority of us are older 😬 as in 35+
So, are young ppl buying them, and just not into forums as forums are an older medium on the net.
Or we just like our parents who thought their music was cool, while kids cringed.....wearing wild looking glasses we think are cool? And the youth are cringing at us old timers

Im beginning to think the latter 🤔🤣
The 2000s style is definitely coming back, and Oakley's are coming with it, I got a pair of square wire 2.0s last year and every time one of my friends see them (19-22 yr olds) they beg me to find a pair like that for them, the younger audience definitely loves the style. Don't get insecure about it 😂 you older guys are like the Oakley archeologists and wizards to me.

I might get a bit of flak for saying this,🤣🤣🤣 ,but I started buying and wearing Oakleys (RX) way back in my late 20s,I’m 62 now,and all my frames Romeos,Juliets, and later A-wires,Square wires and Eyejackets are all from the era when Oakley were independent and arguably made the highest quality frames on the planet,particularly the X metal range.
The new models are a sad faded ghost of those that came before.
As a result it’s us oldies or maybe not quite so oldies who grew up with them and appreciate the real quality of the older models.
Right I said it……..fire away
All the best 😉

I might get a bit of flak for saying this,🤣🤣🤣 ,but I started buying and wearing Oakleys (RX) way back in my late 20s,I’m 62 now,and all my frames Romeos,Juliets, and later A-wires,Square wires and Eyejackets are all from the era when Oakley were independent and arguably made the highest quality frames on the planet,particularly the X metal range.
The new models are a sad faded ghost of those that came before.
As a result it’s us oldies or maybe not quite so oldies who grew up with them and appreciate the real quality of the older models.
Right I said it……..fire away
All the best 😉
New people who are interested in oakleys like me do buy old model too ! I’m in my 20s and I’m more attracted by old models and x-metal or m-experiment which is closer to early 21 century Oakley than modern Oakley. I think people who aren’t really interested will never know what great sunglasses feels like and that’s why a lot are okay with the newer models which are pretty bad for us the one who KNOWS what’s best

Back