• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Don't ship to Canada with USPS!!!

Oakley for life

I should Work at Oakley
I just gotta vent here for a minute...to hopefully make myself feel better...I sold some items to a member on here from Canada...I told him I don't ship to Canada...he then said he had a US address...so I agreed to ship there via UPS. He then bought a few more items from me and asked since he bought more could I please ship to Canada. I agreed (bc I am a nice guy) and he ask me to ship via USPS.

I shipped the box on Jan 20th...he contacted me a few days later saying the tracking was not updated. I looked into it and that was the case, it was not showing any tracking. I asked the post man who picks up at my work about it, he said they do not scan the boxes when they pick them up, they take them to the local post office, sort them and then they go from there to the major hub at the major city that is an hour from me, and then get scanned there. I told the buyer this and he was still not pleased with the answer. I tried to open a claim with USPS but could not because it is not scanning and not showing lost. I called the local post office and talked to a nice guy and he said the same thing...they the boxes come there and they then send them out to the major hub and will be scanned there and that I just need to be patient as they are understaffed there and with the snow last weekend they are backed up and to give it 30 days. I again told the buyer this and gave the post office number to him and the guys name to call him if he would like....the buyer still demanded a refund and said he would pay me if the tracking starts up again.....So in the end I refunded him (bc I am a nice guy) I am now really never ever shipping to Canada and will only ship UPS in the USA! :headbang:

Yep, too much of a hassle to ship out of the U.S. -Also, this is the reason I always go directly to a post office and get a receipt that they took possession of my item. I never ship anything important from work or a drop off. Had this happen one time to me where the usual postman (who always scans it as soon as he gets it) was on vacation and someone else took his place and lost it. Of course since it was never scanned, USPS won’t admit they ever had it.

I just gotta vent here for a minute...to hopefully make myself feel better...I sold some items to a member on here from Canada...I told him I don't ship to Canada...he then said he had a US address...so I agreed to ship there via UPS. He then bought a few more items from me and asked since he bought more could I please ship to Canada. I agreed (bc I am a nice guy) and he ask me to ship via USPS.

I shipped the box on Jan 20th...he contacted me a few days later saying the tracking was not updated. I looked into it and that was the case, it was not showing any tracking. I asked the post man who picks up at my work about it, he said they do not scan the boxes when they pick them up, they take them to the local post office, sort them and then they go from there to the major hub at the major city that is an hour from me, and then get scanned there. I told the buyer this and he was still not pleased with the answer. I tried to open a claim with USPS but could not because it is not scanning and not showing lost. I called the local post office and talked to a nice guy and he said the same thing...they the boxes come there and they then send them out to the major hub and will be scanned there and that I just need to be patient as they are understaffed there and with the snow last weekend they are backed up and to give it 30 days. I again told the buyer this and gave the post office number to him and the guys name to call him if he would like....the buyer still demanded a refund and said he would pay me if the tracking starts up again.....So in the end I refunded him (bc I am a nice guy) I am now really never ever shipping to Canada and will only ship UPS in the USA! :headbang:
If you were nice enough to bend your normal policy and ship to Canada, the buyer should be nice enough to wait at least 30 days for the item to arrive. Especially post Covid. He’s scamming you

Last edited:
I’m in Canada and Thankfully my favourite people never have an issue shipping me things. I’ve never had an issue......and I would never freak out that quickly. Shipping takes time.
I’ve shipped to Canada multiple times with zero issues. I’d even place a considerable bet that the member in question isn’t a born and raised Canadian.