• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EBay buy, after a bit of advice

Matty_w

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Hi,

just after a little advice about an eBay purchase and a long story, so please bare with me.

In the early 90’s in my early teens, I saved my allowance bought my dream pair pair of Mumbo. Over the years the socks ended up breaking, nose piece was lost and they ended up in the back of a draw at my Mums house. She then handed them back when she moved from that house about 10years ago. Again I threw them in a draw and they disappeared again.

Recently I moved house and the saw the light of day and I’d started riding my bike again. So I thought I’ll sort some socks and a new nose piece for them. Found a set on eBay, got them but couldn’t find the safe place I’d put the frames. Thought to myself I only need the frame but found a good looking full pair on eBay. So ordered them and they turned up.

Only wore them once over the next month but the second time I came to wear them I noticed the frame had split (First photo). So I then looked at the eBay listing and i think you can see the crack in the photo (2nd photo).

I messaged the seller about it, he’s saying they were perfect when sold, I’m not so sure. I can’t be certain they weren’t cracked when I got them but the photo to me, does look like they were cracked. The seller has offered a pair of O’Neill glasses as a good Will gesture, but I’m not too arsed about them. I’ve to leave feedback, but temped to just leave neutral and call it a draw.

just wondered what other folk would do in my situation?

thanks in advance
Matt

51525F7E-61A4-4F18-908F-D7BF9578ECDF.jpeg

85635DB0-2543-4E48-A47A-9A7856B66050.jpeg

Have you left positive feedback for the seller? If not, then you have a case. I would start a claim through eBay, and if that doesn't work, take it to PayPal. Don't talk to the seller anymore, just go through eBay and PayPal
So if he did leave positive feedback he would not be able to submit a case?

Hi,

just after a little advice about an eBay purchase and a long story, so please bare with me.

In the early 90’s in my early teens, I saved my allowance bought my dream pair pair of Mumbo. Over the years the socks ended up breaking, nose piece was lost and they ended up in the back of a draw at my Mums house. She then handed them back when she moved from that house about 10years ago. Again I threw them in a draw and they disappeared again.

Recently I moved house and the saw the light of day and I’d started riding my bike again. So I thought I’ll sort some socks and a new nose piece for them. Found a set on eBay, got them but couldn’t find the safe place I’d put the frames. Thought to myself I only need the frame but found a good looking full pair on eBay. So ordered them and they turned up.

Only wore them once over the next month but the second time I came to wear them I noticed the frame had split (First photo). So I then looked at the eBay listing and i think you can see the crack in the photo (2nd photo).

I messaged the seller about it, he’s saying they were perfect when sold, I’m not so sure. I can’t be certain they weren’t cracked when I got them but the photo to me, does look like they were cracked. The seller has offered a pair of O’Neill glasses as a good Will gesture, but I’m not too arsed about them. I’ve to leave feedback, but temped to just leave neutral and call it a draw.

just wondered what other folk would do in my situation?

thanks in advance
Matt

View attachment 767178

View attachment 767179
Those are sweet easy fix

A guy bought a mint Juliet frame from me on eBay, left me positive feedback, and one month later had some sort of buyer remorse. Instead of selling them, he decided that it would be easier and more convenient to claim they were fake, and started a claim. I spoke to eBay, and within one day they closed the case in my favor. He took the case to PayPal, same thing happened. Feedback was one of the points on my favor, aside from the fact that he took 1 month to b1tch about it

That’s interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Have you left positive feedback for the seller? If not, then you have a case. I would start a claim through eBay, and if that doesn't work, take it to PayPal. Don't talk to the seller anymore, just go through eBay and PayPal
No Not left feed back yet.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Once I’ve an idea of how to repair them, I’ll most likely ask for partial refund. If not raise a dispute.

cheers 👍

I would suggest you start a claim before attempting a repair. Otherwise, the seller might have a case in his favor
That’s my plan. Fist claim on eBay fingers crossed.

it’s not just me that can see a fracture line on the original listing with the white nose piece?

It's there. How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking? I bet you could have found a better deal in here
I paid from memory, without going in to the eBay app £174 what ever that converts in to in $’s

have only just come across this website trying to find a replacement frame. Will defo bekeeping my eyes open to add to my Mumbo collection. 👍

Latest Posts

Back