• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskins Ti

Does anyone else feel ripped off or betrayed?

I personally have always been an Oakley “cheer leader”

I have always felt they were sooo cool and trustworthy.

I like to think that the kind of ingenuity that bring them to being “special” and unique are

the kind of things that inspires us to support and represent them the way we do here amongst ourselves and anyone who takes notice.

“You man, killer sunglasses “

“Hey, love that shirt “

“I love that backpack, who makes it?”

I’m sorry if I’m making any current “cheerleaders” / “loyalists” angry or disillusioned BUT I am one of you .

I remember being SO happy to get the “early”

Email about the “limited release” .

I want to be clear here…..

I love my collection of Oakley sunglasses

I have several Frogskins in my collection amongst many others.

I just felt and still feel very betrayed on the Frogskin TI that I can’t bring myself to where them.

I only got the one pair at the regular retail price from the Time Square store in NYC.
I called them the very morning I got the email about them and was told I missed out because the 2 units they had been allotted had already been “claimed”.
Out of pure desperation I asked the sales associate on the phone if they would take my number and call me if for any reason one of them were not picked up.
The next morning I got a call from that same dedicated/genuine person…
She said they are yours if you still want them but I can only hold them till the end of the day.
Due to work responsibilities it would be almost impossible for me to get there myself.
Regards, I was relentless to make it so.
I started going down my contacts list to see if there was anyone in it who worked nearby that I could ask the favor to go out of their way to pay for and pick up for me.
I was lucky enough that my fiancés brothers ex girlfriend who we still had a good relationship with worked nearby
Times Square.
So I called in a solid favor.
I called and asked her to PLEASE do me the favor of picking up and paying the 400ish pair of glasses.
She did.
It was important to me to have this,
what I thought was is very special “limited” part of OAKLEY.
It was like I was gonna be a part of Oakley
Like the….

X-metal

Mars

Zeus

Medusa

Whatever…
The bottom line is that I feel incredibly betrayed.
I’m I the only one?

I may have to leave the brand out of straight up principal because of this.

I did buy the TI Holbrooks because of how amazing they are but find myself not using them because of this unbelievably bad taste in my mouth that I currently just can’t get over.
That’s it.
That’s my real story.
I feel like I was lied to by what I thought/ think was a honest company brand in a world of fakes.
You may say I’m too sensitive, naive or just stupid.
But if that’s the case,
Aren’t you too for being part of this “community”?

Sincerely
James DosSantos

PS
Every person who has ever lived has made mistakes.
I don’t see why that should be different for a brand.
What really counts to me is….
What gets done about them.

#oakleyintegrity

Does anyone else feel ripped off or betrayed?

I personally have always been an Oakley “cheer leader”

I have always felt they were sooo cool and trustworthy.

I like to think that the kind of ingenuity that bring them to being “special” and unique are

the kind of things that inspires us to support and represent them the way we do here amongst ourselves and anyone who takes notice.

“You man, killer sunglasses “

“Hey, love that shirt “

“I love that backpack, who makes it?”

I’m sorry if I’m making any current “cheerleaders” / “loyalists” angry or disillusioned BUT I am one of you .

I remember being SO happy to get the “early”

Email about the “limited release” .

I want to be clear here…..

I love my collection of Oakley sunglasses

I have several Frogskins in my collection amongst many others.

I just felt and still feel very betrayed on the Frogskin TI that I can’t bring myself to where them.

I only got the one pair at the regular retail price from the Time Square store in NYC.
I called them the very morning I got the email about them and was told I missed out because the 2 units they had been allotted had already been “claimed”.
Out of pure desperation I asked the sales associate on the phone if they would take my number and call me if for any reason one of them were not picked up.
The next morning I got a call from that same dedicated/genuine person…
She said they are yours if you still want them but I can only hold them till the end of the day.
Due to work responsibilities it would be almost impossible for me to get there myself.
Regards, I was relentless to make it so.
I started going down my contacts list to see if there was anyone in it who worked nearby that I could ask the favor to go out of their way to pay for and pick up for me.
I was lucky enough that my fiancés brothers ex girlfriend who we still had a good relationship with worked nearby
Times Square.
So I called in a solid favor.
I called and asked her to PLEASE do me the favor of picking up and paying the 400ish pair of glasses.
She did.
It was important to me to have this,
what I thought was is very special “limited” part of OAKLEY.
It was like I was gonna be a part of Oakley
Like the….

X-metal

Mars

Zeus

Medusa

Whatever…
The bottom line is that I feel incredibly betrayed.
I’m I the only one?

I may have to leave the brand out of straight up principal because of this.

I did buy the TI Holbrooks because of how amazing they are but find myself not using them because of this unbelievably bad taste in my mouth that I currently just can’t get over.
That’s it.
That’s my real story.
I feel like I was lied to by what I thought/ think was a honest company brand in a world of fakes.
You may say I’m too sensitive, naive or just stupid.
But if that’s the case,
Aren’t you too for being part of this “community”?

Sincerely
James DosSantos

PS
Every person who has ever lived has made mistakes.
I don’t see why that should be different for a brand.
What really counts to me is….
What gets done about them.

#oakleyintegrity
Sorry about any grammatical errors…
I’m using talk to text right now.

Why don’t you contact a lawyer about a possible class action lawsuit? Maybe it would help make them be better in the future with this sort of thing.

I’m really coming from this thing from a real place.
The amount of golf related purchases of Oakley products I think would show the Oakley brand how loyal I am to them .
Which if I’m not mistaken is one of the Main Goals of ANY brands customer retention profile.
But maybe you are right.
I am starting to feel more then betrayed
I think there may be thousands of us that have been “fooled”, “tricked” or maybe even..
DEFRAUDED.

Do you feel that way?

Back