• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fun Facts Regarding Prizm RX lenses

Chris A Hardaway

The Man Loves to Chop 'Em.
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
West Coast, USA
Has anyone else in the industry noticed that at the ATL- McDonough, GA Oakley / Luxottica RX lab they call

Prizm Low Light - "Bubblegum"
and
Prizm Deep Water Prizm - "Prism Eggplant Polarized"

????

I love that they've made it extra confusing using different names. Though I love the bublegum term. And misspelled their trademarked pride and joy "prizm" with an actual optical term Prism.

PS- Start eggplant jokes here .......

Someone must have been drinking while on the job. Eggplant really. They probably thought it was funny too when they came up with the name.

Has anyone else in the industry noticed that at the ATL- McDonough, GA Oakley / Luxottica RX lab they call

Prizm Low Light - "Bubblegum"
and
Prizm Deep Water Prizm - "Prism Eggplant Polarized"

????

I love that they've made it extra confusing using different names. Though I love the bublegum term. And misspelled their trademarked pride and essay joy "prizm" with an actual optical term Prism.

PS- Start eggplant jokes here .......

I'm not sure why the Oakley / Luxottica RX lab in McDonough, GA is using different names for these lenses. I think it's a regional thing, or it could be that they're just trying to be unique. Whatever the reason, just be aware of the different names so that they can get the lenses that they want.

And
What do you call a group of eggplants who are always singing?))

A cappella eggplants!)))

Back