• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help...! Juliet BIP lenses just died! :o(

Same issue with my juliets BIP when saltwater hit it. I took some scotch tape and stuck them on the inside portion of the lens and started peeling away the Anti reflective coating. I now have a useable lens while the vr28 bip is on it's way from halfway around the world :)

Tbh oakley's AR coating does not work really well where i live. It could get so bright here, im squinting inside my car with BIP and DARK 3M tints on my windshield! My eyeball always reflects on the lens inside and im so used to it with all my lenses (BIP, iceIP, titanium, vr28, and persimmon photochromic - the worst). Now that ive removed the AR coating it's just a little worse. but im so used to handling and expecting the reflections that i do not mind.

Do NOT peel away that AR with your fingers. I scratched the ledt lens bummer and that's the worse, as it blurs the vision. Just use tape

Here's a shot. I used to not be able to use the lens because of the delamination, now it's aight

IMG_0193.JPG

I also taped away the AR and iridium coating of my ice iridium and they are now useable. Though you can see my eyes now haha

Last edited:
Ive noticed saltwater, sweat/ sunscreen, poolwater (my sister fell in the pool and immediately her 4 yo lenses delaminated), and a lens cleaner (non oakley high alcohol content) caused delaminations in 4 pairs of oakley lens in our family.

Last edited:
That's helpful -- thank you!

I had wondered if there was a technique that would carefully peel off the de-laminated layer, therefore at least making the lenses usable again.

I might just try that! :D

That's helpful -- thank you!

I had wondered if there was a technique that would carefully peel off the de-laminated layer, therefore at least making the lenses usable again.

I might just try that! :D
Here's the iridium coating on my iceIP. Pretty straight forward, cover as much area with good tape, press down for contact, then carefully pull away at an angle

IMG_9829.JPG
IMG_9830.JPG

Just Look at that damage on the coating :) 7 y.o lens always wet by saltwater.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back