• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi I have just found my old pair of half metal x with the numbers 12-946 with the box and coin was wondering what they would be worth

Russell

Oakley Beginner
Hi I have just found my old sun glasses witch are half x 12-946 and was wondering what they would be worth as I remember paying a bit for them in the day but now the kids want to wear them still have box and coin do I keep them or let the kids wear them

Hi I have just found my old sun glasses witch are half x 12-946 and was wondering what they would be worth as I remember paying a bit for them in the day but now the kids want to wear them still have box and coin do I keep them or let the kids wear them
In good condition it’s worth 3-400 it looks like. I’m not real into the Half X but it sounds like yours is a plasma/Ice which around here the more colorful the better in terms of pricing.

IMG_7532.png

Yeah thanks for the input probably just let the kids have them I think I paid about $350 20 years ago so all good they just seem a bit small on me

Yeah thanks for the input probably just let the kids have them I think I paid about $350 20 years ago so all good they just seem a bit small on me
Cool. Didn’t know how young lf kids you were talking. Yours and mine must be much different 🤣

Yeah, half-x aren’t the most collectible. They came out later and we’re priced higher than most others X-metals. They also didn’t get any representation in Hollywood so the trendy crowd never really got ahold of them. If I remember correctly, They had problems with the hinges and a lot of people didn’t like the way the fit. They’re still collectible and to the right collector can bring what IAMOBS said depending on condition.

Post a picture of them before the kids destroy them. Us Oakley folk love pictures.

They’d probably rather just have most of a PS5 then after you sell the glasses .. sell the vintage glasses to someone that can appreciate them.
Good point might see what I can get for them I’m in Australia so just put them on here you think

Back