• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook RX

vtmeep

Oakley Beginner
Hello! I've just found this forum and I'm hoping to receive some clarity. Back in April I got fitted with a new prescription, and opted for a pair of Holbrook RX frames with Lenscrafters basic lenses / transitional xtractive. A few weeks ago I ordered a new pair of Holbrook high-res off of Oakley.com, with Oakley TD lenses, transitional Gen8 and stealthpro, overall I was just tired of the continual gray hue to everything I was seeing.

With the new lenses/frame combo, vision is crystal clear when looking at things up close. If I start moving around, everything far out is just blurry / straining. I know they sent a form with these frames saying they optimized my prescription (which I don't think I had with the LC lenses). Could they have overdone it? Or is this simply just a new training period for my eyes?

Could it be a PD issue? I always leave that fill-in blank and they turn out perfect as it is.

My script is
OD: +.5/-1.25/169 axis

Last edited:
Likely because you didn't get a PD/segment height measurement done. Always always always better to go in store or at least get accurate measurements for RX, makes a big difference. But @Chris A Hardaway is the expert. Maybe I'm overlooking something else.

Perhaps the PD measurement is too narrow, and OC verify too low. Just a bit of a guess, since your vision is more comfortable when your eyes rotate in and turn down to read. You mentioned near vision was better. Also, are they the same RX as the LC set? If the RX changed that could also be the issue. Sometimes the RX itself needs to be checked. If safe to walk and drive in them id give them 3 days then take to the doctors office that checked your eyes. As @O Bro mentioned: you really need to have these things done in person.

Perhaps the PD measurement is too narrow, and OC verify too low. Just a bit of a guess, since your vision is more comfortable when your eyes rotate in and turn down to read. You mentioned near vision was better. Also, are they the same RX as the LC set? If the RX changed that could also be the issue. Sometimes the RX itself needs to be checked. If safe to walk and drive in them id give them 3 days then take to the doctors office that checked your eyes. As @O Bro mentioned: you really need to have these things done in person.

Thank you for the insight. I’ve actually gotten help through Oakley, on the 12th they placed a remake order and I’ve just received that order today. No optical issues, just superb clarity.

I did use the same RX for my original pair and these pairs, either way, it is sorted. Next time I’ll make the 2hr drive to an Oakley store!

Thank you for the insight. I’ve actually gotten help through Oakley, on the 12th they placed a remake order and I’ve just received that order today. No optical issues, just superb clarity.

I did use the same RX for my original pair and these pairs, either way, it is sorted. Next time I’ll make the 2hr drive to an Oakley store!
Great news!

have you tried comparing the holbrook rx and sunglass version? dimensions, if there's a difference on the grooves that holds the lenses?

Back