• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is it genuine.. Romeo 1 frame (Video)

My thinking is that it is a genuine frame - how difficult will it be to remove the coating and get it 'properly' polished?

It would be interesting to see a bit of coating removed from behind the bridge to see if there is a serial...

This banned member was an absolute nightmare to deal with according to other members on here. I don't concur with @mjt42 if I interpret that the nose piece & orbitals were kosher and the arms were the fake pieces? Why would anyone go to those lengths? For me it was fake all along & i don't want to dig out @Tavers, I haven't done business with him, he seems to be a real nice straight up guy & an asset to this forum but iirc not long after he acquired them the lenses he wanted to put into them not fitting should have prompted him (after checking with his other legit frame) to demand a reversal of the deal immediately especially as they are on the same (admittedly large) Continent.
I sincerely hope he gets at the very least his money back, The elapsed time is the problem..

If this were sold as a bastardized set, it would probably would have worked out better.

From day one looks like an original frame but really messed up by several processes. This may have been polished, painted, plated, etc. without being prepped properly in between. I have a pair that I have been sitting on for 6-7 years now because someone butchered it and I do not want it to turn into what happened to this frame.

@Mistermugi

c795cdf4c6b1fa118cf3835c7b891a2e.jpg

My thinking is that it is a genuine frame - how difficult will it be to remove the coating and get it 'properly' polished?

It would be interesting to see a bit of coating removed from behind the bridge to see if there is a serial...
Should not be any problem to remove what ever coating it is by blasting it with Aluminum Oxide.
Standard Plasma or Carbon comes off within in seconds.
To blast a Plasma Juliet to become X-Metal takes only 10-15 min.