• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet on my wide head...

M+M Custom

Oakley Beginner
Chicago
I have had my Romeo 1 frame for about 20 years and love it, been wearing it the whole time. Picked up a pair of X-Metal XX in November and they are a bit snug and don't fit as nicely as the Romeo. I picked up a pair of Juliet last week and man, they are SMALL! The need the nose bridge tuned up so they are SUPER loose but I don't see being able to wear these once they are. I took out the temple shocks and they are only slightly not stretched out fully when on my face. Should I just skip these? They are beautiful and timeless but I don't see keeping a frame that I can't wear.

Can someone who has a tuned from tell me the measurement between the temple screw holes, my Romeo pair is 5 1/2", the XX is 5 3/8". The Juliet I have is about 5 3/4" I am guessing when it is on my head, 5 7/8" when it is as wide as it can get being so loose.

Last edited:
I have an X-metal stretching business. I can take your glasses, wear them around for a year or two. And by then it should be stretched out enough for you. The length for the stretch depends on how many other customers I have at that time, because I'll have to rotate glasses out every so often, to give equal wear time to all. Customers pay for shipping.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Ok. I'll cover shipping.Lol.

Last edited:
I have an X-metal stretching business. I can take your glasses, wear them around for a year or two. And by then it should be stretched out enough for you. The length for the stretch depends on how many other customers I have at that time, because I'll have to rotate glasses out every so often, to give equal wear time to all. Customers pay for shipping.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Thanks, I will keep that in mind. /s

The X-Man suggested bending the arms of the glasses but that is not something I want to do.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. /s

The X-Man suggested bending the arms of the glasses but that is not something I want to do.
I don't think that's a bad option though. I've lost count how many ear stems I've seen that I swear were bent a little, one way or the other.

Skip em. Loved my Juliet. Lost it and 4 years later got another and then 6 more (finding Juliets on CL for 150 back then). Hated it. Too small now on my face. Got an XX and Juliets were sold by the end of the week. If bigger is more comfy then skip out on the timeless frame.

Heard the XX would fit better if Juliet is too tight but the Romeo is fine.

I'm assuming you're already using the "15" temple shocks on the Juliet.

Back