• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Kevin Ware Breaks Leg During NCAA Tourney

Really? Damn! What caused the break? No rehab needed before going back to work?

Sounds impressive right? But some background first. I have been in a wheelchair for over 25 years now and over the years the bone density naturally lessens as the legs don't weight bear. So, two days after Xmas as I am transferring from my bed to my chair I slipped and fell. It has happened quite a few times before but this time my foot got caught under me in a way and twisted causing a spiral fracture. If I had normal bone density it most likely would have just been a badly sprained ankle. So no real rehab for me. Just need to let the bones heal at this point which will take a good 2-3 more months. The leg and foot still swell like crazy though. Not life altering like it would be for someone able-bodied but it has definitely slowed me down some.

Hate to see that happen to anyone. Ware is a hell of a competitor, he was telling his teammates that he'll be fine just win the game as he was being tended to. I'm sure this kid will be bounce back from this.

Sounds impressive right? But some background first. I have been in a wheelchair for over 25 years now and over the years the bone density naturally lessens as the legs don't weight bear. So, two days after Xmas as I am transferring from my bed to my chair I slipped and fell. It has happened quite a few times before but this time my foot got caught under me in a way and twisted causing a spiral fracture. If I had normal bone density it most likely would have just been a badly sprained ankle. So no real rehab for me. Just need to let the bones heal at this point which will take a good 2-3 more months. The leg and foot still swell like crazy though. Not life altering like it would be for someone able-bodied but it has definitely slowed me down some.

Wow! I heard fractures are sometimes worse than breaks, and I hear they can take longer to heal also. I can't imagine a spiral fracture being good for anyone, able-bodied or not. Take care brah, and wishes for a speedy recovery!

Latest Posts

Back