• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Kill Switch - 2 sizes???

I've never actually seen em side by side like this just pics off a site that you know theyre fakes. One thing that stands out tho that I noticed immediately was the case back on the silver with black dial looks off as well as the dial just looks to have less depth to it. The killswitches has really tall numbers. The stealth looks to be genuine. The other not so much.

The right one is fake. Oakley never made kill switch with those hands irl, only on project pictures.
I made that mistake myself, but got my money back from the seller.

I have a knack for noticing the differences in all the small details, an since not all were mentioned I figured I'd highlight the 6 mains ones that stick out. Should be helpful to you in getting your money back, along with anyone else that is the market for one.

1. Stealth crown has chamfered edge on the crown (Silver also seems slightly smaller in circumference)
  2. Stealth numbers and 'O' are clearly defined - Silver 'O' has slice missing
  3. Stealth has correct Hands
  4. Stealth date # is bold in font
  5. Stealth Ball Transfer bearings has a pronounced lip; because its a 2-piece pressed design
    • HTB1v1ksIFXXXXaHXVXXq6xXFXXXb.jpg
  6. Stealth case is overall more refined in details & build quality giving it a smoother finish overall;
    1. The edge of the case uses a slightly rounded surface making for smoother transition to the flat back vs Silver appears to be two flat surfaces
    2. All 6 of the spoke cutouts have small fillets applied (rounded edges) vs Silver appears to not have put the effort into smoothing those edges
    3. The words have better contrast against the flat surface due to being a deeper engraving vs Silver words blends together/more washed out
    4. Individual letters become thicker on their right portions vs lettering on the silver is thinner, ie; compare the r.side leg of 'A' between them

IMG_6361.jpg

edit; crap the photo got all compressed, but OP's are fine so just apply what you read to em ha

Last edited:
Great comparison!

However, your statement about the hands is incorrect. The Killswitch did (at one point anyway) have different hands than the stealth one you’re comparing.

Although not the best shot, here’s mine before I sold it. You’ll need to zoom in, but the hands are the same as the fake you’re comparing. As you can see, the other bezels fit just fine so it was legit.

282B2681-7F30-4FD7-8DD9-CF00CF18ADBF.jpeg

There an example in this thread (the white face):

Another one here (same as the one I had):

Perhaps it was earlier versions that hand these split hands.