• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Kylian Mbappé HSTN and Latch Panel

MicahS

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Wisconsin
Two new signature KM pairs. The HSTN is super nice the Latch Panel....not so much.
HSTN_NavyTransparentBlue_Prizm24kPolar.jpg
LatchPanel_TransparentStonewash_PrizmTungsten_KM.jpg

Two new signature KM pairs. The HSTN is super nice the Latch Panel....not so much.
View attachment 1120529View attachment 1120530
Latch panels grew on me. Essentially it’s a Sutro Sweep Lite, but with a full rim and more coverage with the “blinders”. I hated them at first, but over 2 months time I tried them on over and over again, ultimately leading to me purchasing the Mbappé signature pair. While I feel the “latch” part is gimmicky and somewhat out of place with this model…I can say with certainty I love the amount of coverage and fit of this style. Essentially it’s a luxury Sutro Sweep Llite with full frame. Loving it thus far….

As for the BISPHAERA, I’m not sure what the audience is…it is essentially a wider (frame wise) flak 2.0 XL. I don’t know how much you can improve on the perfection of a flak 2.0, but hey, it’s here…time will tell. On the flip side, when viewing the Sphaera, I thought “well what more does this provide”…. Essentially a visor with amazing peripheral, but I see the changing of lenses on the fly as the downside. Either way, I am still considering the Sphaera, for the sake of peripheral and functionality.

I've seen both in person already. I don't care for the shape of the Latch panel, personally- they don't fit my face. They look cool though. HOWEVER- I really like the HSTN and it looks awesome in this guise. Do like.

Back