• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lights that’s work

Deadhead87

Oakley Beginner
Hey everyone. I recently bought 2 cases in which the bottom lights were ****. I was looking all over the place for an alternative. I was going to hardwire it all again but it wss to much work and money. I found these cabinet lights n gave it a try(pic attached) and it was gold. Just made 2 holes in the case
, fed the wire out and it was so freaking bright. (2 for each case). The one wire (pic attached) connects the lights together so it’s only one wire to feed n plug in. (Im holding my 8month yrd so blow me about sentence structure n grammar. But in all seriousness, cheap alternative to fix the lights in the towers. I recommend warm white. Im sending these back and getting them sent over. If it do Match the top lights, im going to buy 2 more n put them up there. It will all match n look solid !

IMG_0792.png

IMG_0793.png

IMG_0794.jpeg

Looks good! I think you can still use a traditional LED bar light in there that hooks up with Romex. Bare wire to a ground and the white and black wires to the connection on the bottom area. For the time being I'm leaving the bottom area alone as I don't want my display way too overpowering with light as I like to turn on my displays in my office in the evening to act as "lamps".

Looks good! I think you can still use a traditional LED bar light in there that hooks up with Romex. Bare wire to a ground and the white and black wires to the connection on the bottom area. For the time being I'm leaving the bottom area alone as I don't want my display way too overpowering with light as I like to turn on my displays in my office in the evening to act as "lamps".
Can you send a picture or link
The connections on the bottom inside the tower are fried. Your saying I could just buy a bar light, get romex wires snd connect them to a new junction box or power box.(whatever you call it) could you send a picture or link? Thanks brother

Can you send a picture or link

The connections on the bottom inside the tower are fried. Your saying I could just buy a bar light, get romex wires snd connect them to a new junction box or power box.(whatever you call it) could you send a picture or link? Thanks brother
Are the source wires (the ones going to the switch and AC external cable connector) still ok? If its the ballast wires that are fried, I'd do my best to remove all the ballasts, wires and lamp connectors and wire up the new lights to the source wires, if that makes any sense. No pics yet, but I'll be producing a YouTube video on my restoration project to help show everyone the details on my 3.0 double tower.

Are the source wires (the ones going to the switch and AC external cable connector) still ok? If its the ballast wires that are fried, I'd do my best to remove all the ballasts, wires and lamp connectors and wire up the new lights to the source wires, if that makes any sense. No pics yet, but I'll be producing a YouTube video on my restoration project to help show everyone the details on my 3.0 double tower.
It makes sense but id definitely need to see it done to fully understand everything. Please send the video to me when it’s done. I appreciate it

And it’s the ballast wires that are fried.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-Bender-Closed-End-Splice-Connector-10-Pack-20-090/205861890

I would mark the source wires with a piece of tape or white paint pen to indicate which source wire was connected to which ballast wires (white and black I believe). Then remove the ballast wires from the source wires (usually held in place with crimp caps). Squeeze the crimp caps on the sides and it should open up to its circular opening and pull out the ballast wires. Then you can connect the new fixture to the source wires using crimp caps (Home Depot carries them - see link above).

So i got one done. I tried replacing ballast but it did not work so I used the second hand lights. Here’s what it’s looking like

IMG_0819.jpeg

IMG_0817.jpeg

IMG_0818.jpeg

I love hockey but where are the glasses?
apparently you love sunglasses more…my glasses are in my truck and my other pair on my dresser. I only need the two. My bad, I didn’t realize I needed to own 100 pair of overpriced sunglasses and display them in order to buy the cases.

Latest Posts

Back