M Experiement sales volume?

Oakley-Dokley

Oakley Beginner
So I ordered the Business Amethyst on Oct 27th which is about 10 days after the release. I got serial number 33. Are we to understand that I got the 33rd pair ordered and shipped? Sadly that seems low. The Gigawatt is the most original looking design (mine doesnt have a serial) and Im excited to see what other crazy styles might get released (anxiously awaiting Jigawatt) but what if sales are too low to sustain production? Obviously the Jannards arent going to expose their biz model and clearly we the fans are buying but does anyone else think serials should already be in the 100s for a new release after 2 or 3
weeks? Just wondering if im alone in this thought and selfishly I want to see new designs but if M EX isnt selling well we may never get to see them.
1000001680.jpg
1000001679.jpg

I've seen several models sold out on several occasions. Don't worry. With time I'm sure we will see some awesome stuff.
Congrats on 033 man ! Nice you were able to get a serial pair at all. Lots of fellas struck out on here with serial pairs with the early releases.

So I ordered the Business Amethyst on Oct 27th which is about 10 days after the release. I got serial number 33. Are we to understand that I got the 33rd pair ordered and shipped? Sadly that seems low. The Gigawatt is the most original looking design (mine doesnt have a serial) and Im excited to see what other crazy styles might get released (anxiously awaiting Jigawatt) but what if sales are too low to sustain production? Obviously the Jannards arent going to expose their biz model and clearly we the fans are buying but does anyone else think serials should already be in the 100s for a new release after 2 or 3
weeks? Just wondering if im alone in this thought and selfishly I want to see new designs but if M EX isnt selling well we may never get to see them. View attachment 1096146View attachment 1096147
I also don't believe they are going after huge production numbers. At least it didn't seem that way with the initial releases. What was your order number if you don't mind me asking ?

It may not matter but I'd rather not expose my actual order # it's in the 2200's. I had to wait for a restock to get my Gig in red. If you were asking me if my Gigawatt had a serial I just went and got them out of the case and low and behold they have a 033 on the arm as well! Did I really land matching serial numbers?! Or does someone else have 033 on the arm of their Gigs?
1000001682.jpg
1000001683.jpg

Last edited:
It may not matter but I'd rather not expose my actual order # it's in the 2200's. I had to wait for a restock to get my Gig in red. If you were asking me if my Gigawatt had a serial I just went and got them out of the case and low and behold they have a 033 on the arm as well! Did I really land matching serial numbers?! Or does someone else have 033 on the arm of their Gigs?View attachment 1096148View attachment 1096149
Nope... you got a legit matchup! I am intrigued as to what the business model is as well... you see no paid advertising or splashes on the internet unless you follow their social media pages. I think there is allot more meaning to the "experiment" part of the namesake than we realize... it almost appears to me they are letting word of mouth be the main source of people learning about the company. Having Jamin here socializing with us is super cool and he seems to indicate they are moving at the pace they wish... I am very interested in knowing what the future holds for growth with ME... In a way I don't want them to get huge like Oakley because the serials would be tough to get if bot flippers started grabbing at them like they do limited Oaks

Something else Ive thought about is though they have a sponsored athlete you do not see ME sending out freebies to other athletes just to get them to wear them on TV. I have wondered why they don't do this... thats the only way Oakley can sell a Kato 😂

I bought all mine within the first week and still only got 1 out of 10 serials. Probably the reason I've already given away a couple of frames. And skeptical to buy more. Especially if its frames that I'm not into in the first place. Without a reason to hold onto them, they became stocking stuffers.

Having Jamin be active here in the posts is beyond awesome. I too havent seen much advertising save for Facebook. I wonder how much it costs to have a model of your sunglasses be what an actor wears in a movie? Im ALWAYS trying to determine what shades are being worn in movies. Having athletes wear your sunnys I guess is a tried and true strategy but if Im anything like the buyer they target I dont know who a John John or a Jackson Goldstone is. I know who Ethan Hunt and Cyclops are though and their shades made them look even cooler!

Nope... you got a legit matchup! I am intrigued as to what the business model is as well... you see no paid advertising or splashes on the internet unless you follow their social media pages. I think there is allot more meaning to the "experiment" part of the namesake than we realize... it almost appears to me they are letting word of mouth be the main source of people learning about the company. Having Jamin here socializing with us is super cool and he seems to indicate they are moving at the pace they wish... I am very interested in knowing what the future holds for growth with ME... In a way I don't want them to get huge like Oakley because the serials would be tough to get if bot flippers started grabbing at them like they do limited Oaks

Something else Ive thought about is though they have a sponsored athlete you do not see ME sending out freebies to other athletes just to get them to wear them on TV. I have wondered why they don't do this... thats the only way Oakley can sell a Kato 😂
Good points there. I did see some articles about the new company when they were first launching.
It seems lately, bad press = free, good press costs $$. They had some good press, so I would say they are doing some tactical advertising at least….

It’s absolutely awesome to see Jamin here and active on the forum. That shows so much goodness for the future, and I truly appreciate it.

Back