• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mars Leather Gold Iridium Lenses

andr3

Oakley Expert
Hamburg
The Gold Iridium lens on the Mars Leather looks brighter and more translucent than other Gold Iridium lenses to me. Anybody else feel that way?
(Is it actually Leather Gold Leather Gold Iridium ? Not sure if the statement about the orange base is accurate on O-Review, though )

I see no differences.

I noticed there was a definite tonal difference, between the Gold Iridium, used on my Leather Mars, and the ones for later generation M Frames.
I'll try and find my observations on here.

Last edited:
I noticed there was a definite tonal difference, between the Gold Iridium, used on my Leather Mars, and the ones for later generation M Frames.
I'll try and find my observations on here.

Thanks for linking that thread. Post Anybody know if Oakley changed the appearance of Gold Iridium? pretty much sums it up:
A) there are variations in Gold (or any, for that matter) Iridium.
B) Even in his picture the Mars lens looks different from all others. It does look like my lens, too.

After further review and after wearing mine in full sun yesterday I'm inclined to agree that the Mars are more translucent and seem a little more subdued than my other 24K metals.

image_50413313.JPG

Back