• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mumbo 1st Gen Question

Sorry, late to the party on this thread.

So here's a revant (Darth Vader entrance music) article about the history of the m frame.

Oakley M Frames Through the Ages

I noticed the 5th bullet point under "1989" mentioned a different cut lense that required a taller nosepiece. I have a 67 lens on a mumbo (no USA or patent info) that has a tall nosepiece cut lens. It's a blade nosepiece, I think (I don't collect blades so not 100%). The rest of my gen 1 have this info as others have said. I am assuming that the earliest production models had the taller nosepiece cut lenses without info on the frame and then a change was made to the smaller nosepiece cuts with frame info. Since @Zollie yellow mumbos have and dont have patent info/usa, I am also assuming if you have a black or white authentic frame without patent info and made in USA on it, then there is a good chance that it is a mumbo frame.

I wish we could find an old employee that could verify this.
I have a black frame in an original mumbo box and now two neon yellow frames. The frames do not have the text on it which leads me to believe the earliest mumbos were lacking that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I also have 2 lenses (67 and V) that use the original Blades nose pieces (the taller ones)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back