• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My end studies dissertation needs your help

Boundary

Oakley Collector
France
Hello humans,

I’m a work-study student in artistic direction and I need your help. Like a lot of people my age I need to write a big dissertation to finish my studies. Since I’m pretty free I can choose the subject I want.
i‘m passionate by cinema and by technology so here is my subject : « how robots in cinema represent the questions and concerns of society in the geopolitical context of its time »

basically I’m studying in what context iconic robots were imagined in movies. For exemple modern movies tend to put AI robots because society is actually questioning about AI. Few years ago we had concerns about robots replacing humans And before we were scared of robots annihilating humans etc...

I need your help, if you have any title of movies where there is robots, cyborg, artificial intelligence etc I would really appreciate ! It can be from early 20 century like metropolis or contemporary like the creators, I take everything !

since Oakley is a lot into that, most of you should be able to help me even a little bit

thank’s to all of you who will help me :)

boundary

As you’re taking cyborgs, the original 1995 Ghost in the Shell. Cyborgs front and centre, questioning what it means to be human. Any of the follow ups too, robots feature more in Stand Alone Complex, but it started with that first film and Motoko Kusanagi is pretty much a constant throughout, although her motivations shift.

As you’re taking cyborgs, the original 1995 Ghost in the Shell. Cyborgs front and centre, questioning what it means to be human. Any of the follow ups too, robots feature more in Stand Alone Complex, but it started with that first film and Motoko Kusanagi is pretty much a constant throughout, although her motivations shift.
Thanks ! I’m not an expert about manga and animation so it helps me a lot ! I’m going to have a look at that :)

IMG_3606.jpeg

Back in 1927 there was Metroplolis, a dystopian depiction of the future, featuring the elegant female Art Deco robot, which inspired C-3P0.

Buck Rogers in the 30s, featuring killer robots.

Saturn 3 featuring a psycho robot, programmed to kill all the occupants of a star base, by an equaly psycho Harvey Keitel.

1971 Silent Running featuring Huey, Duey and Louie: utility robots.

1978 Battlestar Galactica Cylon Centurians, IL Series, 'sarcastic bastards' Lucifer & Specter.

The Blackhole, from Disney, Circa 1979, feauturing Maxillian, STARR, Sentries, Old BOB, VinCENT and the 'human zobies'.

Star Wars, C-3PO, R2-D2, ....

Last edited:
Not sure if it counts, but Surrogates (2009) with Bruce Willis. Different angle since it’s people piloting robot versions of themselves from home.

Bladerunner, the original, if your into woke crap 2043 I guess. You could actually write a disert on these 2 alone, how the original was the robots seeking meaning and life and the new one and how some old dude knocked one up

Back