• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley first 2024 clothing drop?

Kingme

I am Jim Jannard...
Southern California
Does anyone know when Oakley releases their first clothing line-up for at the beginning of the year? The Fall and Winter drop for 2023 was extremely underwelming and was the first time I bought less than $30 worth of stuff from them on Black Friday. Also zero Skull stuff,👎 when they had previously released a few items the last couple years. I hope they get their act together in 2024 and have better general merchandise other than just cool limited and expensive collaborations.

I’m hoping it’s good, there new campaign looks to be promised very early 2024. I have not purchased anything new from Oakley in a long time, last purchase was latitude shorts and those stopped looking cool after a couple hours

Well, the first clothing drop of 2024 is out and it’s even worse than the 4th quarter 2023. So boring. No designs on anything and solid colors for the most part. i can get that anywhere. Guess they are giving me a reason not to stop by Oakley stores for a while again. Looks like we are going back to the dark years around 2015-2019.

saw this and had a Quick Look to see what it was like “new arrivals” not much to show just some violet hoodies & joggers. It was only the other day I was saying the same as you, bland designs with very little to 0 thought. A shame really

Oakley needs to ask itself, why would anyone pay Oakley prices for something similar you could get at Walmart for 1/3 of the price? I pay pay Oakley prices for a certain look. Not to blend in with everything else out there.

This is the first table at the Brea Oakley store. Which typically has some of the best stuff other than FHR and Irvine Spectrum. The first table always shows off the newest coolest stuff that just came out. This is the new stuff from today:

C5D7AD06-1FD6-46F6-9D48-7FBDCBDC603C.jpeg

I agree entirely, it’s just so bland and I don’t know why, I’m sure Oakley has a huge vault from the Yee days with tons of really cool imaginative ideas that they could at least take inspiration from. I’m more of a clothes & bag collector and sunglasses are not my thing but even the ones the released recently looked just average with a big price tag on? If I’m honest I would put it down to bad designers rather than the owner as someone like a Peter would just walk out the door if this stuff was linked to him

I was scrolling though Peters page the other day and these were just sketches for zipper ideas…just zippers. I would but money that these current designers and software cut/grab the Oakley stitch logo place it somewhere and off to embroidery. But furthermore the violet colour for me following the brand who is this colour aimed at? Who’s wearing a bright violet tracksuit and what environment does this fit in to? Sorry if I’m ranting

IMG_2165.jpeg

IMG_2166.jpeg

I was scrolling though Peters page the other day and these were just sketches for zipper ideas…just zippers. I would but money that these current designers and software cut/grab the Oakley stitch logo place it somewhere and off to embroidery. But furthermore the violet colour for me following the brand who is this colour aimed at? Who’s wearing a bright violet tracksuit and what environment does this fit in to? Sorry if I’m ranting

View attachment 1116075

View attachment 1116076
It looks like Oakley is trying to get more women customers. But women already have so many choices, they are gonna go with what they are used to like Coach or Lululemon. Other than the really sporty and athletic women, Oakley has never really drawn in a large female crowd. I really don’t see that changing. Oakley was the one brand that men( or at least X-gen men) got really excited about and were loyal to for a long time.

I also think they are just trying to copy a Nike or Under armor store. But with so many choices you need to set yourself apart from the rest and find your niche, otherwise you’re not going to be able to charge these high prices if you look like everything else. If Ferrari started only making cars that looked and drove like Hondas or Toyotas but still put the exact same high price on it, no one would buy Ferrari anymore.

Back