• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Gotta say, one of the biggest benefits of Asia Fit pairs is that they're usually cheaper, though harder to find
Yes indeed, they are very hard to find esp on Ebay, if looking for polarized version makes it even harder.

Fits For Asian Faces?
Good
: Big Square Wire, Crosshair, Half Jacket, Dartboard, Mainlink (with Triggerman Asia Fit nosepieces) (@DKO), Minute, Monster dog, (Pro) M-frame, Racing Jacket, Juliet, Penny Straight Jacket (It's good for a wide head), Twenty (XX), Unknown (Asia Fit), and Warden

Bad: Frogskins (normal), Gascan, Mars, Penny, Plate, Riddle (Asia Fit) Teaspoon, most Wires

Maybe there’s something I’m missing, but why is Penny both good and bad?

My face is typical asian flat, so even with 15 shox, a Juliet doesn’t wrap as nicely as I’d like. I tried it without the t-shox, but that didn’t work well.

By wrapping nicely, I mean that the frame can’t hold it’s shape and the nose bridge is under constant pressure and flexing slightly.

Any feedback on whether Penny’s will fit better or worse? Will a flatter face put more load on the hinge system?

I've got a narrower Asian face, and the Penny fits me pretty well. Though I don't believe it is wider than the Juliet, so if the Juliet is already giving you pressure from the sides, the Penny won't be much better. Here's me with the Splice (profile pic)

Penny does have Spring Hinges which helps. I found them to be wider than the Half X, but seem narrower than the Juliet. I could be wrong though. Have you looked at the XX? Or tried larger nose pieces?

1204.jpg

Penny

d8e0b3f4-4bf4-4723-9961-962bb0656832-jpeg.jpg

My face is typical asian flat, so even with 15 shox, a Juliet doesn’t wrap as nicely as I’d like. I tried it without the t-shox, but that didn’t work well.

By wrapping nicely, I mean that the frame can’t hold it’s shape and the nose bridge is under constant pressure and flexing slightly.

Any feedback on whether Penny’s will fit better or worse? Will a flatter face put more load on the hinge system?
Unfortunately, it is best to try the frame to truly see how they will fit your specific face.
But as @cacatman mentioned, penny can be great for Asian faces due to how their orbitals are shaped.
In addition, I find that @Linegear Japan large nose pads being slightly larger than OEM, make a penny even a better fit.

@Skyler : LINEGEAR Penny nosepad small = Oem large nosepad, and our large is Asian Fit
I've got to admit, I absolutely love the LG nose pads. I use them as spares for other sets, specifically the Splice. Perfect fit, very nice quality. Good alternative for those who need that "umph" to get the frame away from your face. I absolutely hate when my eyelashes and cheeks touch, though that's just me.

I've got to admit, I absolutely love the LG nose pads. I use them as spares for other sets, specifically the Splice. Perfect fit, very nice quality. Good alternative for those who need that "umph" to get the frame away from your face. I absolutely hate when my eyelashes and cheeks touch, though that's just me.
Glad to hear that it helps. Same here; hate the cool frames which touch the cheek, ie Monster Dog. I wish there is AF MonsterDog. :(

Back