• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Penny Spring Hinge Mechanism

I needed a spring for a penny and found an company able to make to order. The first trial spring allowed the arm to move smoothly but with not enough tension. Trial no2 is on order and may well be suitable. However in the meantime im being sent a hatchet so will be able to confirm if this is suitable also.
If trial spring no2 is suitable i will be able to help people out

I needed a spring for a penny and found an company able to make to order. The first trial spring allowed the arm to move smoothly but with not enough tension. Trial no2 is on order and may well be suitable. However in the meantime im being sent a hatchet so will be able to confirm if this is suitable also.
That's awesome, please keep us posted :)

This is a really good news..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So today the beater hatchet arrived from my friend.
Good news. I can confirm the spring is the same and does the job. Penny fixed.
The copper holder ( for want of a better description ) is plastic on the hatchet but i offered it into the penny and it seemed to be fine. Ok for a fix but no good for a purist. So im using the hatchet spring in the penny copper holder and it works fine.

The trial no2 spring im trying to source will be after xmas now and ill report back if its suitable. Obviously much cheaper than sourcing a beater hatchet if you only need the spring.
Hope that helps.

Pics of the hatchet / penny holder. Hatchet is left. Looks different shape but it just the cut of the mould, it fits the penny fine. Could be sanded to match.

17ABBE41-EBE2-4465-BD18-6A990E7A1E92.jpeg

AEAEF42B-C3A2-4015-B6FC-52EB42FC9DCE.jpeg

3D791C45-9CAA-4AA8-B2DE-C51F0BA1037B.jpeg

Last edited:
So today the beater hatchet arrived from my friend.
Good news. I can confirm the spring is the same and does the job. Penny fixed.
The copper holder ( for want of a better description ) is plastic on the hatchet but i offered it into the penny and it seemed to be fine. Ok for a fix but no good for a purist. So im using the hatchet spring in the penny copper holder and it works fine.

The trial no2 spring im trying to source will be after xmas now and ill report back if its suitable. Obviously much cheaper than sourcing a beater hatchet if you only need the spring.
Hope that helps.

Pics of the hatchet / penny holder. Hatchet is left. Looks different shape but it just the cut of the mould, it fits the penny fine. Could be sanded to match.

View attachment 561367

View attachment 561368

View attachment 561369
Nice!!! Awesome, thanks so much buddy! So even without sanding down the extra material from the hatchet's "copper holder thingo" did it work well with your Penny when testing it? Thank you!

Nice!!! Awesome, thanks so much buddy! So even without sanding down the extra material from the hatchet's "copper holder thingo" did it work well with your Penny when testing it? Thank you!
Tbh my screw isnt the best so only offered it in place, as im using the copper holder didnt screw arm in as its a pita and didnt want to wear the screw more. I cant see any reason why it wont work just the same. Not sure wether the hatchet is slightly diffrent frame shape so the holders slightly different but its extra material so it will sand to penny shape easy. Just a case of rounding the edges as per pics.

Hi guys.
I have the razrwire and the penny. I think the spring hinge are the same.
I did use the penny's to the razrwire, it does work.
but the spring hinge of the penny's not in such good condition also.
So if i can have 2 sets, i would be happy.
kind of frustrating cause both of them still in good condition.

Hi guys.
I have the razrwire and the penny. I think the spring hinge are the same.
I did use the penny's to the razrwire, it does work.
but the spring hinge of the penny's not in such good condition also.
So if i can have 2 sets, i would be happy.
kind of frustrating cause both of them still in good condition.

Do you have any pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back