• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Xeus Owners Thread.....

Just got done with Christmas with my family that came out of town. My cousin gave me this gift, he was one of those lucky few that got to get a pair.

He knows how much I’m into Oakley and has seen my collection. He gave me this pair and seeing the number it is makes it all that much more special. Here is #079, my birth year.

Merry Christmas OakleyForum! I hope everyone has a great Christmas with loved ones and friends.

View attachment 926411
A great gift, to be sure. Congratulations. But lucky few?! There are 500 pair, two hundred more than the Eye Jacket Muzm bundle, of which the highest serial known thus far is in the 270's (thus the assumption that there are only 300 pair, but that remains to be established with certainty). Yet oddly, these seem to be more coveted. To me this is a strange paradox, having a model which costs (roughly) twice as much with more pairs be highly sought after than another with 40% less availability, and both frames are equally polarizing as to their popularity. Currently, there are eight Xeus for sale from sellers in the States, with an additional two for sale by overseas sellers. Just blows my mind. My apologies if this is seen as "highjacking" the thread, but am I the only one that's thought about this?

Last edited:
Lucky few?! There are 500 pair, two hundred more than the Eye Jacket Muzm bundle, of which the highest serial known thus far is in the 270's (thus the assumption that there are only 300 pair, but that remains to be established with certainty). Yet oddly, these seem to be more coveted. To me this is a strange paradox, having a model with more pairs be highly sought after than another with 40% less availability, and both frames are equally polarizing as to their popularity.
To be fair the Xeus are something totally out there and new and you can’t buy them anywhere except these 500 pairs. Where as the EJ MUZM is nothing new since we have thousands of EJs all over the place we can buy. All they did was slap on a number and put some Prizm lenses in them.

A great gift, to be sure. Congratulations. But lucky few?! There are 500 pair, two hundred more than the Eye Jacket Muzm bundle, of which the highest serial known thus far is in the 270's (thus the assumption that there are only 300 pair, but that remains to be established with certainty). Yet oddly, these seem to be more coveted. To me this is a strange paradox, having a model which costs (roughly) twice as much with more pairs be highly sought after than another with 40% less availability, and both frames are equally polarizing as to their popularity. Currently, there are eight Xeus for sale from sellers in the States, with an additional two for sale by overseas sellers. Just blows my mind. My apologies if this is seen as "highjacking" the thread, but am I the only one that's thought about this?

To be fair the Xeus are something totally out there and new and you can’t buy them anywhere except these 500 pairs. Where as the EJ MUZM is nothing new since we have thousands of EJs all over the place we can buy. All they did was slap on a number and put some Prizm lenses in them.

Also, the Xeus appealed to many different types of collectors; Olympic stuff, runner stuff, Japan stuff, etc. Plus special packaging, though the eye jackets packaging is kinda different also

Trying to make excuses for it’s ugliness i see :brunette:

No. 21/500
Scored these at an O-Store in Melbourne, Australia.
3AF8B7E1-80D2-4B54-9C4B-1C0155D24797.jpeg

@O-Tech37

That's it, I was searching for modified and nothing came up, thank you for finding that. Man, I could have never done that.
I just realized you are the person who's thread I'm viewing.. your collection is incredible, The Valves, Plates and all, Just awesome.

Last edited:
Back