• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakmeister possible scammer

200w.gif

Something of note, we have a few old members that have "resurfaced" and may look sus as well. dropping in to say hi and hinting at having a stash they may want to sell. please be vigilant, and treat every transaction with caution. I personally have phone #s and other means of communicating with other members and go back and forth between texting, emailing, and PMs, or even through socials. I guess it's my own form of two-factor auth.

Something of note, we have a few old members that have "resurfaced" and may look sus as well. dropping in to say hi and hinting at having a stash they may want to sell. please be vigilant, and treat every transaction with caution. I personally have phone #s and other means of communicating with other members and go back and forth between texting, emailing, and PMs, or even through socials. I guess it's my own form of two-factor auth.
Also, maybe, if they have known friends from the forum, ask them when the last correspondence was with the seller, as a friend?

Red flags and suggestions to watch for...
- email addresses for paypal that make no sense... what I mean is most of us have either put our screen names in the email addy or something that relates to our real name. Mine has both parts of the real name.

- current users who suddenly change personality and start selling stuff at prices that make you want to jump on it. Noone is going to just give away their Oakley stuff here. I see it happen on other sites like ebay but you are covered there so its worth the risk to jump and see. Even using GS here is more risky so if you see this sudden change 💯🟥

-Hacking old accounts has been around as long as ebay has been so this is not new or exclusive to this forum. One guy does this just about weekly on ebay and loads 60,000 listings of high end sometimes unbelievable items using a bot. about 30 of those are high end Oakley stuff. If you do not know them, have never dealt with them, or they are newish it is GS ONLY!!!! Active members who I have watched and have reputations they would never put in jeopardy are who gets FF funds from me.

- Old hacked accounts that resurface in a sales thread all of a sudden without explanation of where they have been or what brings them back. I noticed at least one old schooler did post a "how yawl doing" in another section which seems like a personal connection.

- Don't get car fever buying Oakley pictures online! Think before you act and have a mental checklist. The scammers are counting on you acting fast to secure the great deal and fly right past red flags.

-Websites that change URL addy when you click on them. There is a site out there loaded with stolen ebay listings of everything you can imagine at great prices. The whole site is a scam and its the scam where they accept paypal and then ship it to your town but not your address so Paypal see's it was supposedly delivered. Then it is all on you to gather information from the PO to submit to Paypal to prove you never got the item. I myself have been caught in this trap. Once on Poshmark and once on mentioned site. Both times was a week of hassle to win the case and both times it was won on appeal since Paypal awarded them initially.

-D!ck pics

Last edited:
Back